Author Topic: U.S. Soldiers Are Disarmed, Held At Gunpoint By Mexican Troops In Texas  (Read 558 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Blue lives Matter by Tom Gantert 4/20/2019

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/u-s-soldiers-are-disarmed-held-at-gunpoint-by-mexican-troops-in-texas-pJe6NFz_Rk68jevh34DINg/?fbclid=IwAR2eCLJeZzYVybVTE0-Fs64kyf8OmUpDPkI62eisJ0cUuKd-yFKoBSxMj84

Mexican troops held U.S. soldiers at gunpoint.

Clint, TX - Two U.S. soldiers were held at gunpoint and disarmed by Mexican troops on American soil on April 19.

CNN reported that five to six Mexican military personnel questioned the two U.S. soldiers who were conducting border support operations.

A U.S. Northern Command statement confirmed that the U.S. soldiers were “appropriately in US territory" during the encounter, according to CNN.

The Mexican soldiers not only pointed their weapons at the U.S. troops, but also removed a soldier’s sidearm and returned it to the unmarked U.S. Customs and Border Protection vehicle, U.S. military officials said.

CNN reported that the Mexican troops were armed with assault rifles. U.S. officials said the U.S. soldiers allowed the weapon to be taken in an effort to de-escalate the “potential volatile situation.”

"Throughout the incident, the US soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols," Northern Command said, according to CNN.

The encounter happened south of the border fence in the area but north of the Rio Grande, according to U.S. officials.

The river in that area has brush-filled and dried-out riverbed which makes it “very easy” for people to be confused as to what side of the border they are on.

One of the American soldiers spoke Spanish and explained the situation to the Mexican troops before the Mexican soldiers left in their unmarked pickup.

An inquiry by U.S. officials found that the Mexican military members thought the U.S. soldiers were in Mexico, according to the U.S. Northern Command.

"Though they were south of the border fence, US soldiers remained in US territory, north of the actual border," the statement said, according to CNN. The statement added that "after a brief discussion between the soldiers from the two nations, the Mexican military members departed the area."

President Donald Trump has ordered the military to support border security and the U.S. has 3,000 active duty troops and 2,000 National Guard troops in the southern border, CNN reported.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Would of been a good time for those active military people to actually be on the border zone area helping instead of whatever they are doing this week.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Posse Comitatus limits the scope of what our military can do.  Both Obama and Bush actually ordered National Guard troops to the border. It's easy to forget this. Military power I've been told is somewhat limited on the border unless, certain situations apply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Clint, Texas is on our side of the Rio Grande.  Not sure how they could not know where they were.

rangerrebew

I read in another article that it occurred in an area where the border is not well defined and it meanders a bit there.  Still, it doesn't seem reasonable that the Mejican military would grab ours. :shrug:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My dad was a good friend of the ranch foreman of the 96 Ranch and I went there several times back in the late 60's to early 70's. We drove several times across the Rio Grande. The river was dry and it was an uncontrolled crossing. I could not see though, how one would not know which side of the river they were on, or if they were in the river bed itself.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I saw this on Freak Republic, it's not the major event it's made out to be. The border is ill defined and neither side knows who is a smuggler and who isn't. Nothing violent occurred (from what I can tell), and the Mexican troops released the American troops without incident.

Offline Victoria33

Clint, Texas is on our side of the Rio Grande.  Not sure how they could not know where they were.
@Sanguine

I have talked about this problem when the river is the dividing line.  In places where we have a wall and the river is the divider, our govn. puts the wall back from the river.  So, you cross the river, and in front of you, but back from the river, is the wall.  Therefore, our guys were in front of the wall but still on our side of the river.  Someone needs to tell the Mexicans they are on our land when they step out of the river on our side where the wall is set back from the river.

Very likely, people are going to die due to this placement of the wall or, to prevent this. no soldier goes beyond the wall.  The Mexican soldiers could have killed our guys thinking they were in Mexico.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There's already a fence along the border outside of Clint.  It's just barbed wire, but it's very clear where the border is.  And, the fence doesn't seem to be causing any deaths.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Sanguine

I have talked about this problem when the river is the dividing line.  In places where we have a wall and the river is the divider, our govn. puts the wall back from the river.  So, you cross the river, and in front of you, but back from the river, is the wall.  Therefore, our guys were in front of the wall but still on our side of the river.  Someone needs to tell the Mexicans they are on our land when they step out of the river on our side where the wall is set back from the river.

Very likely, people are going to die due to this placement of the wall or, to prevent this. no soldier goes beyond the wall.  The Mexican soldiers could have killed our guys thinking they were in Mexico.

Those Mexican soldiers knew full well where they were and aren't going to shoot our soldiers or border patrol.

They are working for the cartel. They have no intention of creating a "fire storm" on the border. That would be totally counterproductive to the purpose of smuggling across our porous border.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: U.S. Soldiers Are Disarmed, Held At Gunpoint By Mexican Troops In Texas
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 01:41:13 pm »
I call BS. Mexican troops are well know for incursions into US soil, as well as their arrogance in doing so.

If we had any stones at all, we'd remind them to update their maps and fast, or next time their troops get a dirt nap.
The Republic is lost.