Author Topic: Border agent in AZ admits to helping smuggle 1,000s of pounds of marijuana  (Read 753 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Border agent in AZ admits to helping smuggle 1,000s of pounds of marijuana

A Border Patrol agent in Douglas pleaded guilty to using his position to help smuggle thousands of pounds of marijuana.
Jose Antonio Yanez faces up to 15 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to two drug-smuggling charges and one bribery charge, according to a plea agreement filed April 10 in U.S. District Court in Tucson.
To make up for the loss of his “honest services” as an agent while working in Douglas and Naco, Yanez agreed to re-pay the Border Patrol his salary and other pay for the years 2014-2016, worth $340,000, according to the plea agreement. He also agreed to pay a $16,000 fine for the bribes he accepted.

As part of his role in the smuggling conspiracy, Yanez used his position as the operator of Border Patrol surveillance cameras in March 2014 to divert attention away from 18 people carrying 1,000 pounds of marijuana in backpacks. He was paid $250 per backpacker, according to the plea agreement...

http://conservativeangle.com/border-agent-in-az-admits-to-helping-smuggle-1000s-of-pounds-of-marijuana/

This kind of stuff is what is a danger to securing our country.   A danger to more Cartel influence in our country also.  Needs to be stopped.   I don't think paying fines is enough.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
OMG people smuggling drugs into the US from Mexico?

Americans simply cannot get enough drugs.

Weed, Speed, cocaine, heroin

They are harmless. Not as bad as alcohol.

Don't harch my buzz, bro. Chill. /s

But watch the video, "Seattle is Dying," which states police there claim ALL of the homeless are druggies.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

OMG people smuggling drugs into the US from Mexico?

Americans simply cannot get enough drugs.

Weed, Speed, cocaine, heroin

They are harmless. Not as bad as alcohol.

Don't harch my buzz, bro. Chill. /s

But watch the video, "Seattle is Dying," which states police there claim ALL of the homeless are druggies.

Seriously, you just exposed yourself.  I had a good idea that some here didn't like Trump because of his promises.  This is a serious problem.  If our Border Patrol agents are aiding drug smuggling.  That is how drug Cartel worm their way into government.  One weak official at a time.

I think that many actually are interested in a dumb Trump that cannot deliver his campaign promises.  Every time he screws up they are celebrating.  Trumps likely voters.  Ones that support illegal immigration with all of its crimes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:21:26 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Seriously, you just exposed yourself. 

No YOU need to investigate the internet meaning of "/s"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

Copy and pasted got Sprint Corp.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"This kind of stuff is what is a danger to securing our country.   A danger to more Cartel influence in our country also.  Needs to be stopped.   I don't think paying fines is enough."

This is why we need U.S. TROOPS at the border, not necessarily "border patrol". The latter are "too close", and can be "reached" through bribery or other means.

Make it the duty of troops to confront and intercept the smugglers.
If they resist, treat them as we would treat an invading enemy.

Having an imposing physical barrier the length of the border will prove more effective than anything. But not the ridiculous "fences" that exist now.

Build an Israeli-style barrier, 40 feet high, with watch towers every 1/4 mile or so.
Works for the Israelis at preventing determined terrorists from getting in.
It will work as well -- or BETTER -- here.

Online libertybele

"This kind of stuff is what is a danger to securing our country.   A danger to more Cartel influence in our country also.  Needs to be stopped.   I don't think paying fines is enough."

This is why we need U.S. TROOPS at the border, not necessarily "border patrol". The latter are "too close", and can be "reached" through bribery or other means.

Make it the duty of troops to confront and intercept the smugglers.
If they resist, treat them as we would treat an invading enemy.

Having an imposing physical barrier the length of the border will prove more effective than anything. But not the ridiculous "fences" that exist now.

Build an Israeli-style barrier, 40 feet high, with watch towers every 1/4 mile or so.
Works for the Israelis at preventing determined terrorists from getting in.
It will work as well -- or BETTER -- here.

Sure, we should have an Israeli-style barrier, but it's not going to happen.  That shipped sailed.  Trump needs to shut down the border and so far he's kicked that idea down the road another year.  He also needs to declare a moratorium on ALL migration AND asylum into this country.  He can accomplish that with the help of his military.  He is Commander and Chief.

Our border patrol has become corrupt which only adds to the existing crisis at the border.

For our military to assist in paperwork is ridiculous; they need to be allowed to protect this country.  A war on illegal immigration needs to be declared.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sure, we should have an Israeli-style barrier, but it's not going to happen.  That shipped sailed.  Trump needs to shut down the border and so far he's kicked that idea down the road another year.  He also needs to declare a moratorium on ALL migration AND asylum into this country.  He can accomplish that with the help of his military.  He is Commander and Chief.

Our border patrol has become corrupt which only adds to the existing crisis at the border.

For our military to assist in paperwork is ridiculous; they need to be allowed to protect this country.  A war on illegal immigration needs to be declared.

You and I agree. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Copy and pasted got Sprint Corp.
Really? Maybe they were being sarcastic, too.
FYI, "/s" is pretty much standard for "end sarcasm".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

I feel like an idiot.  Forgive me.