Author Topic: Barr rules that asylum-seekers must be detained during deportation proceedings  (Read 1744 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

So, when do you suggest they be interned?

Not directed to me, but I'll suggest right after they are caught.  If they choose to hike through the desert in mid-July I can't see why giving them a little shade would be such a bad thing.  And if that's still too hot, well, they have A/C south of the border.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine wrote (of Once-Ler):
"He says them because he knows they piss you off.  And, he's not just willifully ignorant; he comes on these threads to establish and express his moral superiority over all of us."

Why get in arguments with him?
Just put him on ignore, as I have done.
Ignore -- for ever more!

(and I NEVER "ping" anyone, ever. Nor do I ever look to see if anyone has "pinged" me. Not once!)

I think it's a courtesy to let someone know if you are talking about them.  Just seems like the right thing to do.

Offline skeeter

We're at wits end because we know you better than the BS you spew.

He thinks he’s playing with us. Who knows why doing so would appeal to him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine It's pretty clear that no matter what I write, it is tainted be my past correspondence with you, but for what it is worth, I am not morally superior to you.  I'm just trying figure out a world that seems so different than the one I "knew" 4 years ago.

I enjoy reading your comments because I believe you are a person who questions "established facts."  I'm sad that you, @Cyber Liberty, and @Maj. Bill Martin seem at your wits end dealing with me.  I admire you all.  I think the fault must be mine.

I apologize.

@Once-Ler, yes, I recognize that you are not morally superior to me, nor am I to you.

The world has changed greatly in the last 10 years, and those of us who live in border states have had to bear the brunt of it.  (Not so in the near future; all will be affected.)  Many of us who have first-hand experience of the illegal immigrant crisis have tried many times to tell you that, while you may not be noticeably affected yet, we sure as hell have been.  And, overall, it's just not a good thing.

If you apology is meant sincerely, of course I will accept it and happily move on.  It would be nice to have two way conversations with you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Enough with the talk of cages.  These people arrive and are given food and water.  Medical care.  Many sent to the Hospital to receive expensive medical care.  Lets not pretend that this is like Kim Jung Ungs labor camps.  Ridiculous.  They are well cared for.
We agree they are much better off being incarcerated at the border, especially if they are allowed to work.  That's pretty much a win.

The world has changed greatly in the last 10 years, and those of us who live in border states have had to bear the brunt of it.  (Not so in the near future; all will be affected.)  Many of us who have first-hand experience of the illegal immigrant crisis have tried many times to tell you that, while you may not be noticeably affected yet, we sure as hell have been.  And, overall, it's just not a good thing.

So how do you change votes in non-border states, because it's not affecting me.

If you apology is meant sincerely, of course I will accept it and happily move on.  It would be nice to have two way conversations with you.

Definitely.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So how do you change votes in non-border states, because it's not affecting me.

The more aware and perceptive voters in those states will vote appropriately.

He thinks he’s playing with us. Who knows why doing so would appeal to him.
@skeeter
I have never put you or @Fishrrman on ignore.  Take it as admiration or a gauge of public opinion.  What the hell do I know?  I'm just an American who loves his country.  I put my family, and God in first. When I fill-in-the-blanks for others, people I don't know, I fill in their personalities with what I do know.  You come here and share your thoughts, and open yourself for ridicule, voluntarily.  We share that trait because we want to bounce off ideas, confirm our views, and argue about what is best for America.  I think you see me as your enemy.  I think I'm doing a poor job of connecting with you.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
I have never put you or @Fishrrman on ignore.  Take it as admiration or a gauge of public opinion.  What the hell do I know?  I'm just an American who loves his country.  I put my family, and God in first. When I fill-in-the-blanks for others, people I don't know, I fill in their personalities with what I do know.  You come here and share your thoughts, and open yourself for ridicule, voluntarily.  We share that trait because we want to bounce off ideas, confirm our views, and argue about what is best for America.  I think you see me as your enemy.  I think I'm doing a poor job of connecting with you.

Probably. Try being less derogatory or gratuitously sarcastic. That way you'll find people are much more receptive to your argument, if you care to offer one.

Probably. Try being less derogatory or gratuitously sarcastic. That way you'll find people are much more receptive to your argument, if you care to offer one.
Got it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
yes, I recognize that you are not morally superior to me, nor am I to you.

I would just like to say that if I choose to ignore someone, it has nothing to do with moral superiority.  It's simply a recognition that I'm unable to have enjoyable conversations with that person.  That may be my fault, their fault, or both, but fault isn't the point.  It's just recognizing a reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I would just like to say that if I choose to ignore someone, it has nothing to do with moral superiority.  It's simply a recognition that I'm unable to have enjoyable conversations with that person.  That may be my fault, their fault, or both, but fault isn't the point.  It's just recognizing a reality.

Good point.

Offline libertybele

As long as the illegals are being detained on the other side of the border, I don't have a problem.  Being detained here is the problem that I have as we have to absorb the cost.  If Mexico doesn't want to detain them, then they shouldn't be letting them in!!  It's a no-brainer.

We need a wall -- think of it as a 'retaining' wall.  Keeping undesirables out.  ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS.  DEPORT THEM ALL!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I get to that point with some folks in life, it's usually temporary, so I don't put Members on Ignore.  Besides, I have 'professional reasons" not to do that.  I need to read what people are saying whether I like it or not.

888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I get to that point with some folks in life, it's usually temporary, so I don't put Members on Ignore.  Besides, I have 'professional reasons" not to do that.  I need to read what people are saying whether I like it or not.

888mouth

For me personally, I find that the amount of information there is to read/absorb is much greater than i can possibly handle, so it helps to have filters in a forum that can help me read/review the stuff most likely to be of interest to me.

It's kind of like fishing.  Sure, there are lots of places at which it is possible to catch fish, but some are much better spots than are others.