Author Topic: Mexican soldiers detain American soldiers on U.S. soil. Government response: ?  (Read 655 times)

Offline libertybele

Mexican soldiers detain American soldiers on U.S. soil. Government response: ?

The Mexican government is powerless to control the cartels at our border. But somehow when it comes to belligerently confronting our own soldiers on our own soil, the Mexicans seem to muster the personnel and temerity to defend their side of the border. Moreover, they apparently have the unbridled impudence to complain about armed American citizens defending our border, while they have permanently transformed our country in the worst way imaginable through their disrespect of our sovereignty. This is clearly no longer about immigration, but about a pure invasion that requires a military buildup.

On April 13, at around 2 p.m. Central Time, a group of five or six suspected Mexican soldiers approached an unmarked vehicle of two U.S. soldiers stationed at the border in El Paso County, Texas, and ordered them out of the vehicle. According to Newsweek, which obtained the “serious incident report,” the soldiers were in fact active duty members of B Battery, 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, not from a National Guard unit. The Mexican soldiers disarmed one of the U.S. soldiers and placed his sideaerm in the U.S. vehicle.

While the soldiers were parked south of the border fence near Clint, Texas, they were north of the Rio Grande riverbed, which placed them “appropriately in U.S. territory,” according to Maj. Mark Lazane, a spokesman for NORTHCOM. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Department of Defense (DOD), after inquiring of the Mexican government, were informed that the Mexican soldiers thought that the Americans were south of the border. “Throughout the incident, the U.S. soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols,” according to NORTHCOM.

NORTHCOM confirmed that there are approximately 2,800 service members assigned to the border mission. “This includes approximately 1,200 on the Mobile Surveillance Camera mission, plus about 1,000 service members hardening ports of entry in Texas and New Mexico. There are approximately 200 personnel as part of a crisis response force, with the remainder being headquarters and logistics personnel supporting the mission.”

When I asked both NORTHCOM and the State Department if our government had conveyed our concerns to Mexico and asked for an apology, both departments declined to comment............

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/mexican-soldiers-detain-american-soldiers-u-s-soil-government-response/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Outrageous. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Outrageous.

Indeed and a definite cause for concern.  Has our military been ordered to stand down?? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Indeed and a definite cause for concern.  Has our military been ordered to stand down??

Doubtful. It seems more like they realized they were out numbered 3-1 and de-escalated the situation appropriately.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Doubtful. It seems more like they realized they were out numbered 3-1 and de-escalated the situation appropriately.

Why no demand for apology?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:36:14 am by libertybele »

Offline edpc

That's another cause for concern then, I thought Trump had announced he had thousands on the border and was considering sending more in.

If you have thousands on the border, that is still only a few people, per mile, on a border that is almost 2000 miles long. These particular US personnel were in an unmarked car. This was not a North Korea DMZ hatchet incident.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Posted Saturday:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,359092.0.html

U.S. Soldiers Are Disarmed, Held At Gunpoint By Mexican Troops In Texas
« on: April 20, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline Chosen Daughter

We need transparency.  By now we should know the answer to that question.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

They shouldn't be on our side of the border.

Offline edpc

They shouldn't be on our side of the border.

It's not always a clearly marked line on the ground. The situation could have very easily been reversed.

Offline corbe

This is Bull$hit

I will refrain from posting an IMG of US Sailors being detained by Iranian forces during obummers administration.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Just_Victor

It's not always a clearly marked line on the ground. The situation could have very easily been reversed.

This happened just outside of Clint, Texas, just east of El Paso.  The Rio Grande is the border.  The fence is about 100 or so yards inside the US, along a canal.  The Mexican troops knew exactly where they were.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline edpc

This happened just outside of Clint, Texas, just east of El Paso.  The Rio Grande is the border.  The fence is about 100 or so yards inside the US, along a canal.  The Mexican troops knew exactly where they were.

I’d be more worried about the feds arresting Americans trying to defend the border than this misunderstanding between soldiers that amounted to nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
From the story about this on The Daily Caller website:

The NORTHCOM spokesman said he couldn’t recall a situation like this one ever occurring before. Modifying how soldiers and agents are trained will likely prevent similar incidents occurring again.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/23/mexican-troops-disarm-americans-border/

Not sure who the NORTHCOM spokesperson was...but they didn't do any research before they made that silly statement.

From the LA Times 14 April 2014:

Two heavily armed, camouflaged Mexican soldiers crossed 50 yards inside Arizona in January and drew their guns against U.S. Border Patrol agents who confronted them in a tense standoff, according to documents obtained by The Times/Tribune Washington Bureau.

U.S. officials said it was one of nearly two dozen border incursions by Mexican soldiers into southern Arizona in the last four years.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-border-mexico-20140402-story.html

Business Insider 27 June 2014:

A Mexican military helicopter crossed into the U.S. and fired on two Border Patrol agents in Arizona during the early-morning hours on Thursday, according to Reuters.

A Border Patrol agent who Business Insider spoke with on condition of anonymity said that the two agents were in a marked Border Patrol vehicle when they were fired upon.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mexican-helicopter-fires-border-patrol-arizona-2014-6

NBC News 2 Feb 2006:

The Department of Homeland Security said there have been 231 documented incursions by Mexican military and law enforcement personnel into the U.S. since 1996.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/11226144/ns/us_news-security/t/mexican-incursions-inflame-border-situation/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:16:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!