Author Topic: A suburban Chicago man was diagnosed with cancer while in prison. Now ICE is deporting him to Mexico  (Read 408 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

A suburban Chicago man was diagnosed with cancer while in prison. Now ICE is deporting him to Mexico.

By Elvia Malagon
Chicago Tribune

The family of Luis Ugalde-Pacheco worried that he would die in immigration custody. Now they fear he will die in a country he barely knows.
Ugalde-Pacheco, 28, who was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, was deported to Mexico on Friday, according to his attorney. He’d called Chicago’s southwest suburbs home since he was about 7 years old when he came to the United States illegally with his father, said Lourdes Cristina Pacheco, his mother.

In March, he was placed into the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which began deportation proceedings. That was after he completed a two-year prison sentence for felony convictions of intimidation and aggravated battery for threatening and pushing a woman.
It was at the end of that prison stint that he was diagnosed with cancer, according to medical records provided by his attorney. Since then, his advocates have fought for him to receive medical treatment for his lymphoma, which they say ICE did not provide.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-ice-detainee-cancer-deportation-20190419-story.html

I read this and said who cares?  As if I am supposed to feel sorry for this convicted fellon?  The bleeding heart liberal media does.  There are probably 100's of thousands or more American citizens that obey the laws.  Who work but still can't afford the Cancer treatment.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I read this and said who cares?

Surprise!   :seeya:

As if I am supposed to feel sorry for this convicted fellon?

According to Jesus, yes.

The bleeding heart liberal media does.  There are probably 100's of thousands or more American citizens that obey the laws.  Who work but still can't afford the Cancer treatment.

I'm sympathetic with them as well.  We share that in common.  I would be sad if they were dragged by their parents to another country, got cancer, couldn't pay for health care, and got deported on top of it.  It's fine you have no sympathy for Luis Ugalde-Pacheco.  You be you. 

A little less than 1% of the US population is currently incarcerated.  Many more are convicts.  Some are very bad hombres, but some just made a mistakes and are paying the price for it.

From my perspective being an illegal and being a convict does not negate the suffering of cancer, deportation, and death.

So I care.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Surprise!   :seeya:

According to Jesus, yes.

I'm sympathetic with them as well.  We share that in common.  I would be sad if they were dragged by their parents to another country, got cancer, couldn't pay for health care, and got deported on top of it.  It's fine you have no sympathy for Luis Ugalde-Pacheco.  You be you. 

A little less than 1% of the US population is currently incarcerated.  Many more are convicts.  Some are very bad hombres, but some just made a mistakes and are paying the price for it.

From my perspective being an illegal and being a convict does not negate the suffering of cancer, deportation, and death.

So I care.

He's been here since he was 7.  What did he do with his life?  Became a criminal.  Sorry, but no I don't feel sorry for him.  Plenty of natural Cancer treatment.  He can get  a job in Mexico and eat healthy and follow a natural cancer cure plan.  But not in this country.  Let the Mexican government pay.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:42:41 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He's been here since he was 7.  What did he do with his life?  Became a criminal.  Sorry, but no I don't feel sorry for him. 

So I didn't change your mind. :(

Have a Blessed Easter @Chosen Daughter