Author Topic: Chuck Todd slams reports that DOJ briefed Trump on Mueller findings: 'This is actual collusion'  (Read 274 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Chuck Todd slams reports that DOJ briefed Trump on Mueller findings: 'This is actual collusion'
By Justin Wise - 04/17/19 08:43 PM EDT

NBC host Chuck Todd said Wednesday that a New York Times report that the Justice Department has already briefed the White House about the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation was evidence of "actual collusion."

"This is actual collusion," Todd said on MSNBC's "Meet The Press." "In case you’re wondering what does collusion look like, it looks like the attorney general’s lawyers briefing the president before Congress or the public.”

The New York Times reported Wednesday that White House lawyers and Justice Department officials have had "numerous conversations" about the details of Mueller's findings.

The discussions have allowed Trump's legal team to begin preparing a rebuttal to the report, which is expected to be more than 400 pages, the Times noted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/439441-chuck-todd-slams-report-that-doj-briefed-trump-on-mueller-report-this-is
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Bizarre. I can see why guys like Todd would be angry at losing an opportunity to catch the administration flat footed with some convoluted media narrative resulting from an intentional misinterpretation of the report.

But how in the world can the DOJ simply supplying his boss with info from an exonerating report be considered collusion?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As a paid spokesman for the Never-Trump branch of the Illuminati this story means nothing to me. 
I wouldn't have expected the President not to be briefed first, even if Trump wasn't worse than Hitler. 
Congress gets briefed this week,
but I have to wait until 9 more days to watch Avengers Endgame.
Don't even talk to me about suffering.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The discussions have allowed Trump's legal team to begin preparing a rebuttal to the report

The Mueller report is from the prosecutor's point of view.  The defense team should have the right to read the report and issue a rebuttal at the same time the report is issued.

The Todds  and Nadlers of the world really expected to release information in a way they saw fit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Holding a press conference earlier to bitch about the DOJ sharing the prosecutor's report with the accused's legal team.