Author Topic: A Reckoning Is in Store for Democrats By Conrad Black  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Reckoning Is in Store for Democrats By Conrad Black
« on: April 17, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »
   A Reckoning Is in Store for Democrats
By Conrad Black

April 16, 2019 3:51 PM

The collusion smear lies in ruins amid a throng of lackluster candidates

The crisis of the Democrats is becoming more evident each week. Those of us who have been loudly predicting for years that the Russian-collusion argument would be exposed as a defamatory farce, and that the authors of it would eventually pay for it, are bemused at the fallback position of the Trump-haters: that the distinguished attorney general has whitewashed the president in his summary and his decision that there was no obstruction of justice. One of the most entertaining moments of news-watching in many years came last week, when former national intelligence director James Clapper said it was “scary” and former FBI director Comey said it was “bizarre” to hear Attorney General William Barr say that the Trump campaign had been spied on. It has been obvious for a long time that both these men and former CIA director John Brennan lied under oath on a number of occasions, and Comey’s complaint last week that “court-ordered surveillance” wasn’t spying is going to get a full assessment when the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance (FISA) warrants that were the court authorization in this case, and were obtained on the basis of false campaign smears assembled and paid for by the Clinton campaign, are judicially considered.

Given the proportions of the scam that has been perpetrated, the principal actors, including those just named, deserve commendation for the imperishability of their unctuousness. These people seem still to be oblivious to the fact that lying under oath and producing false FISA applications are serious offenses. And some of the congressional Democrats, such as Congressmen Nadler, Swallwill, and Schiff (the new-millennium version of “Martin, Barton, and Fish,” made infamous by FDR in 1940), seem to think they have a perfect constitutional right to keep the president in the pillory of their spurious investigations indefinitely. The whole edifice of the Trump moral crisis is coming down in shards around the ears of the Clinton and Obama Democrats.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/a-reckoning-is-in-store-for-democrats-in-2020/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: A Reckoning Is in Store for Democrats By Conrad Black
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 02:42:16 pm »
This could take down so many of the lead democrats.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:56:04 pm »
This could take down so many of the lead democrats.

That, and plenty should splash onto the rat party in general as virtually all of them are still running on Trump investigations and threats of impeachment.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:58:59 pm »
That, and plenty should splash onto the rat party in general as virtually all of them are still running on Trump investigations and threats of impeachment.

If we could actually get any of it honestly reported yeah!  But that's not going to happen and we all know it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:35 pm »
Great characterization by Black: “ [Russian collusion] ... a defamatory farce.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 03:07:52 pm »
If we could actually get any of it honestly reported yeah!  But that's not going to happen and we all know it!

I still have faith in the discernment of the (however slim) majority of American voters. They see through the media BS in increasing numbers.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 03:10:43 pm »
I still have faith in the discernment of the (however slim) majority of American voters. They see through the media BS in increasing numbers.

God knows I hope you are right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien