Author Topic: Michele Bachmann: We May ‘Never See a More Godly, Biblical President’ Than Trump  (Read 1854 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Not as long as he continues to fund Planned Parenthood.  He's no better than any President before him.
I wish I wrote that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter nothing makes a choice clearer than a President who only allows some baby killing over a President who allows more.  Pick a side!

Yeah.  And stopping the funding of foreign abortions?  What about Israel?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah.  And stopping the funding of foreign abortions?

You mean Bush's gag rule?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think Trump has proven himself.  It is the do nothing Congress that has failed miserably.  The Republicans did nothing to end funding when they were in control.

If 2020 end up with voting majorities in both houses of Congress, funding for Planned Parenthood ends immediately.  A president can only do so much.  Congress has failed miserably, and the general populace that support elected officials that push genocide on America have failed too.  It is a genuine curse.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:04:24 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline musiclady

Her idea of 'Godly' and 'Biblical' are much different than mine.

Actually, much different than the real definitions as well..........     *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think Trump has proven himself.  It is the do nothing Congress that has failed miserably.  The Republicans did nothing to end funding when they were in control.

If 2020 end up with voting majorities in both houses of Congress, funding for Planned PArenthood ends immediately.  A president can only do so much.  Congress has failed miserably, and the general populace that support elected officials that push genocide on America hav failed too.  It is a genuine curse.

Kind of like 2016 did?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer.......

Regarding 2016, Trump did NOT have VOTING majorities in both houses.  Not sure why most in America do not understand this.  In the Senate, it takes 60 votes to pass anything. So, in not having a majority of 60 in the Senate, nothing happens except when they change the rules for simple majorities.  That is how Obama and Reid passed the Affordable Care Acr (Obamacare) with a simple majority.

I think the Senate should decide to move all its votes to simple majority and end the confusion that comes with having a majority in the first place.  Trump needs a true voting majority in both houses to accomplish anything of consequence.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer.......

Regarding 2016, Trump did NOT have VOTING majorities in both houses.  Not sure why most in America do not understand this.  In the Senate, it takes 60 votes to pass anything. So, in not having a majority of 60 in the Senate, nothing happens except when they change the rules for simple majorities.  That is how Obama and Reid passed the Affordable Care Acr (Obamacare) with a simple majority.

I think the Senate should decide to move all its votes to simple majority and end the confusion that comes with having a majority in the first place.  Trump needs a true voting majority in both houses to accomplish anything of consequence.

So, they had enough votes to change the rules to only require a simply majority, but chose not to.  But if we give them 60, they're going to get it done?  Yeah, I don't think so.

BTW, IIRC ACA was passed by reconciliation, which does not require cloture.  They took a bill that had been passed in the House, "amended" it by completely replacing it with the ACA text, and then voted on that.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

We the people are not deciding anything for the Senate.  They are perhaps the most political body and accomplish the least.  Their rules require 60 votes.  They appear to change the rules when it politically suits them.  They are not interested in ending the funding for Planned Parenthood, or it would have happened.

I consider abortion murder, no different than what Petersen did to his wife an unborn child, for which he was indicted and sentenced to death for the murder of his unborn child.

If we had a referendum on abortion, the majority of Americans would vote against it.  Why the majority are subjected to the insanity of a few, and worse, by a decision of seven on the Supreme Court is criminal regarding the lives of over 60 million of the most defenseless in our society.