Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 54745 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • "You know, the thing"
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2021, 01:52:52 PM »
Entire team of Portland officers resign from ‘riot squad’ when colleague is indicted over BLM battle
June 17, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

A team of  Portland, Oregon police officers who respond to disobedience, protests and riots has reportedly disbanded in response to one of their fellow officers being indicted for allegedly assaulting a Black Lives Matter rioter last year.

On Tuesday, a grand jury indicted Portland Police Bureau Ofc. Corey Budworth, a member of the department’s voluntary Rapid Response Team, on fourth-degree assault charges as per allegations he attacked a rioter during the violent riots of last summer.

“Earlier this afternoon, my office filed a criminal assault charge against Portland Police Officer Corey Budworth stemming from what we allege to be an excessive and unlawful use of force on August 18, 2020 during a political protest,” Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt, a Democrat, announced in a statement.

He went on to accuse Budworth of having “crossed” a line and having used “excessive” force that “lacks a justification.”

The charge against Budworth stems from what happened on Aug. 18th, when, in response to violent rioting, the Rapid Response Team was forced to conduct several “legal” arrests.

While doing this, it appears they were continually pestered by left-wing activists like Teri Jacobs, who can be seen toward the end of the clip below standing with her “shield” only feet away from several officers who were in the middle of an arrest:

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/17/entire-team-of-portland-officers-resign-from-riot-squad-when-colleague-is-indicted-over-blm-battle-1090261/
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm & that three or more become a congress." -John Adams

Online Wingnut

• The last American hero, the electric centaur, the demi-god, the super driver of the golden west
« Reply #976 on: June 17, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »
Every member of the Portland Police Bureau's rapid response team has resigned.

Bless them one and all.  A city like that isn't worth of their service.
Any political party that can't cough up anything better than a treacherous brain-damaged old vulture like Joe Biden deserves to die a slow death.

Offline mountaineer

• C'mon man, you know, the thing.
« Reply #977 on: June 17, 2021, 03:34:49 PM »
Andy Ngô
@MrAndyNgo
The significance of the entire resignation from the Rapid Response Team means there will essentially be no response from Portland Police when a riot breaks out. #antifa
1:11 PM · Jun 17, 2021
Citizens of Portland are getting what they voted for.
"A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Fredrick Douglass

Offline mountaineer

• C'mon man, you know, the thing.
"A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Fredrick Douglass

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #979 on: June 17, 2021, 07:54:07 PM »
Citizens of Portland are getting what they voted for.

@mountaineer

The voters are certainly getting what they voted for.

Be a damn shame if the fascists moved their action into the suburbs,wouldn't it? Especially the upscale suburbs that heavily vote Dim.

And eventually they will,you can bet on it.

I am GUESSING the chances of a full-scale leftist uprising in several US cities,complete with gunfire and houses being burned down to be slightly higher than 50/50,to start taking place shortly before the 2024 elections as the left "goes for it".

And why wouldn't they "go for it",when the local authorities seem to be in full approval of revolution and communism?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • "You know, the thing"
« Reply #980 on: June 17, 2021, 09:25:24 PM »

@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Antifa are holding a victory demonstration tonight in Portland following the full resignation of the Portland Police Rapid Response Team in protest of far-left @DAMikeSchmidt
7:02 PM · Jun 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1405677227849682949
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:28:17 PM by mystery-ak »
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm & that three or more become a congress." -John Adams

Offline BassWrangler

• Technical

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in if anymore, if's an illusion.
« Reply #982 on: June 18, 2021, 02:23:03 AM »
Every member of the Portland Police Bureau's rapid response team has resigned.

Bless them one and all.  A city like that isn't worth of their service.
They haven't quit the force, only the voluntary rapid response team. the PPB’s entire Rapid Response Team has “resigned their spots in the voluntary assignment” because of Budworth’s indictment.

I really don't understand why every officer have not quit, considering the abuse they take and the DA turning just about every arrest back onto the streets.

RIP Rocky 7/5/2008 - 7/24/2020
You Have Earned Your Rest My Friend

Sometimes life just sucks

Offline thackney

• Cat Mod
« Reply #983 on: June 18, 2021, 09:11:27 AM »
They haven't quit the force, only the voluntary rapid response team. the PPB’s entire Rapid Response Team has “resigned their spots in the voluntary assignment” because of Budworth’s indictment.

I really don't understand why every officer have not quit, considering the abuse they take and the DA turning just about every arrest back onto the streets.

Probably something to do with that addiction they have for food and shelter.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #984 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »
Probably something to do with that addiction they have for food and shelter.
Oh trust me I know all about that having stayed in a job heaped with abuse to house and feed my family. My thoughts are that this has been going on for many many months and if I and quite possibly my family were not only subject to daily abuse from my employer and a dangerous segment of the public but also very real physical threats I would have been searching for employment in a much safer place.

Offline Smokin Joe

• A light at the end of a tunnel, but not The Light.
« Reply #985 on: June 18, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »
Oh trust me I know all about that having stayed in a job heaped with abuse to house and feed my family. My thoughts are that this has been going on for many many months and if I and quite possibly my family were not only subject to daily abuse from my employer and a dangerous segment of the public but also very real physical threats I would have been searching for employment in a much safer place.
True enough, but it often occurs that people who have served in a position will endure the vagaries of management, either hoping it is replaced or comes to its senses. At some point, that last straw drops. I doubt that these officers in the RRT were exactly fresh from the academy, and likely they were hoping to outlast this insanity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

• Cat Mod
« Reply #986 on: June 18, 2021, 02:45:17 PM »

Also likely investment into pension systems.  If you were 18 years into a 20 year requirement, you would put up with a lot to finish.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #987 on: June 18, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »
Also likely investment into pension systems.  If you were 18 years into a 20 year requirement, you would put up with a lot to finish.
Yup I hear ya, I never had that possibility but understand it.