General Category > Economy/Business

People Living in These US Cities Are Most Eager to Get Out

<< < (2/2)

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:
Lakeland, FL, made the list because it's 90 min from the beach?

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: thackney on April 11, 2019, 11:38:10 am ---Every year they have an outdoor movie theater projected on a wall of snow that was carved flat.

Intersections involve careful pulling up to reach the point where you can see around the snowfall.

Snow removal results in mountains of snow that last most of the summer.

Just a bit to North is Thompson pass.  Not a town, but this point does have the Trans-Alaska Pipeline crossing it, so access is required.

Average snowfall is 551 inches, ~46 ft on average

1952-53 season dropped 974.5 inches, over 81 ft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_Pass

--- End quote ---

I couldn't wrap my head around 46 feet, but 81?

🤯

mountaineer:
It appears that most on the list are Democrat hellholes, e.g., San Fran, L.A., Washington, DC.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 11, 2019, 02:04:41 pm ---It appears that most on the list are Democrat hellholes, e.g., San Fran, L.A., Washington, DC.

--- End quote ---
Syracuse is run by an independent (from a Republican family who beat a Democrat), but New York under Cuomo has become so hamfisted in regard to local rights that indeed people are fleeing upstate. God help you if you're in the rural areas.

Cyber Liberty:
The article also lists the top 10 cities people are fleeing TO.  #2 is the metro I just fled...lol.  Good news to me because I'll get a decent price for the house I'm leaving behind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version