General Category > Health/Education

Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice

<< < (49/49)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: the OlLine Rebel on February 16, 2024, 02:23:10 am ---Everyone is different.  I’ve been on pills where they advise you to power through if it causes any side effects.  I recall this definitely for neurological drugs.  But of course some may never have trouble and some always have trouble.  It’s just something to verify before quitting and swearing off the drug totally.

--- End quote ---

@the Oline Rebel

I agree,but I STRONGLY disagree with  warning a patient that the drugs MAY make them sick. I am pretty  sure most could figure this out for themselves,so why bother putting the suggestion in their heads?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Jack Russell on February 16, 2024, 03:17:23 am ---I talked with my cousin's husband.  He was on calquence for leukemia.  It isn't what you are taking.  They said if you quit the cancer will likely come back twice as fast.

--- End quote ---

@Jack Russell

Nobody has told me anything one way or the other  about stopping the pills I am taking for cancer.

The VA is still sending me re-fills,and I am going to continue  to take them for as long as the VA sends them.

I will ask the VA about this AFTER they stop sending them.

NOT going to rock any  boats.

mountaineer:
My sister went in for chemotherapy yesterday. UPMC - once again, just like 2020-22 - is requiring masks, despite the mountain of evidence that they do absolutely nothing to prevent transmission of the Covid virus. When they explained that those were the rules, her husband replied, "Yeah, Hitler had a lot of rules, too." Surprisingly, he wasn't thrown out.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Jack Russell on February 16, 2024, 04:40:01 am ---Thank you so much for trying to help Pete.  You’ll never know how much I appreciate it.

--- End quote ---

@Jack Russell

You are more than welcome. I am grateful for the opportunity to POSSIBLY help someone else.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 16, 2024, 02:33:56 pm ---My sister went in for chemotherapy yesterday. UPMC - once again, just like 2020-22 - is requiring masks, despite the mountain of evidence that they do absolutely nothing to prevent transmission of the Covid virus. When they explained that those were the rules, her husband replied, "Yeah, Hitler had a lot of rules, too." Surprisingly, he wasn't thrown out.

--- End quote ---

@mountaineer

I am surprised that BOTH he and his wife weren't thrown  out.

THE hardest lesson I have had to learn was to keep my mouth shut even if I was right when the circumstances dictate that regardless of being right,I WILL lose.

No one individual can fight an entrenched bureaucracy and hope to win unless it is their leader.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version