General Category > Health/Education

Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice

<< < (48/49) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Jack Russell on February 15, 2024, 07:51:10 pm ---My friend can't tolerate the medication, so they are going to go over his options.  This is not good.....

--- End quote ---

@Jack Russell

Tell  your friend to get the capsules I recommended. Never even got queasy,and I am still taking them.

Also,tell your friend that if he is a "service-connected disabled veteran",the VA will pay for them and even ship them to his house.

If he is not already qualified by the VA,he will be if he applies and was ever exposed to Agent Orange.

I suppose the same can be said for most health insurance companies now that it is FDA approved,but am just guessing here. I DO know it costs nothing to ask.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Jack Russell on February 16, 2024, 12:22:18 am ---It's actually my cousin's husband.  The VA is paying for it.  I'm not sure what the issues were with it as I haven't talked directly to him, but evidently it really made him feel horrible.

--- End quote ---

@Jack Russell

IF we are talking about the same capsules,I was warned that they MIGHT make me sick,but by the time I received them in the mail I had already forgotten about that,and haven't have a minute of trouble with them.

NEVER underestimate the power of suggestion.

I honestly can't figure out why ANY doctor would tell a patient that some meds might make them so sick they  would rather die than take them.

It's like those goobers have never heard of the power of suggestion.

Or that their patients would be unable to figure out on their own if they get sick or not.

And it's NOT like the patients wouldn't be able to figure it out for themselves if they started puking after taking them.

the OlLine Rebel:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on February 16, 2024, 01:26:16 am ---@Jack Russell

IF we are talking about the same capsules,I was warned that they MIGHT make me sick,but by the time I received them in the mail I had already forgotten about that,and haven't have a minute of trouble with them.

NEVER underestimate the power of suggestion.

I honestly can't figure out why ANY doctor would tell a patient that some meds might make them so sick they  would rather die than take them.

It's like those goobers have never heard of the power of suggestion.

Or that their patients would be unable to figure out on their own if they get sick or not.

And it's NOT like the patients wouldn't be able to figure it out for themselves if they started puking after taking them.

--- End quote ---

The other thing about many chronic meds is that sometimes you have to power through initial bad effects, and then the body adjusts.

Is that possible here?  Tough it out for a month and then it evens out?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: the OlLine Rebel on February 16, 2024, 01:55:19 am ---The other thing about many chronic meds is that sometimes you have to power through initial bad effects, and then the body adjusts.

Is that possible here?  Tough it out for a month and then it evens out?

--- End quote ---

@the OlLine Rebel

I honestly don't  know. I have been taking them for around 2 years now,and have never been sick even one day due to these pills.

the OlLine Rebel:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on February 16, 2024, 02:17:09 am ---@the OlLine Rebel

I honestly don't  know. I have been taking them for around 2 years now,and have never been sick even one day due to these pills.

--- End quote ---

Everyone is different.  I’ve been on pills where they advise you to power through if it causes any side effects.  I recall this definitely for neurological drugs.  But of course some may never have trouble and some always have trouble.  It’s just something to verify before quitting and swearing off the drug totally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version