General Category > Health/Education

Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice

<< < (46/49) > >>

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on November 22, 2023, 10:57:02 pm ---@GrouchoTex

She was cured using only chemo?

--- End quote ---

Surgery, (hysterectomy) followed by radiation and Chemo.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: GrouchoTex on November 27, 2023, 08:44:47 pm ---Surgery, (hysterectomy) followed by radiation and Chemo.

--- End quote ---

@GrouchoTex

Take good news any way you can get it,and this IS good news.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: jafo2010 on September 25, 2023, 05:38:32 am ---Sneakypete,

I read the above, which indicates you did take Cartilade.  My point is with active cancer or benign tumor, you take the formula I mentioned in a prior post.

--- End quote ---

@jafo2010

My apologies. My mind was even more fried than it is now when I made  the original post about Shark Cartilage.

IF I remember correctly,I DID take it for a very short time prior to getting the THEN experimental  Brukinda Zanubrutinib pills,that have now been approved by the FDA for treatment for some forms of cancer.

My short-term memory was fried by radiation treatments,but I THINK the Shark Cartilage did help me,but it was the Brukinda  Zanubrutinib that "killed the beast".

The "big news" here is that the Brukinda  Zanubrutinib works so well it got early approval by the FDA,and veterans who need it can get it for free from the VA.

I am GUESSING this also means that at least some insurance companies will also provide it for "free" to people who have forms of cancer it has been to be an effective treatment for.

What I do know for sure is that it costs nothing to ask,and asking MIGHT save your life.

DefiantMassRINO:
1.) Maternal aunt died from lukemia in her 70s.
2.) Paternal cousin died of ovarian cancer at 28.
3.) Wife had skin cancer removed.
4.) Father-in-law had skin cancer removed.
5.) Mother-in-law had surgery and is scheduled for ration for uterus cancer.
6.) Wife's cousin died from skin cancer in his 50s.
7.) Friend of the family in his early 80s dealing with 2nd bout of throat and mouth cancer.

Cancer is no longer the immediate death sentence it was 40 years ago, but it can be a rough journey, especially for re-curring instances of aggressive cancers.

I'm fortunate to live near a city and in a state that has some of the world's best cancer hospitals, doctors, and treatments.

If a person is admitted to a hospital, I recommend that a family member always be with them because corporate medicine has reduced the quantity and quality of bed-side care.  There are too few nurses who are overworked.  The insurance companies and hospitals push to have pateients sent home before it's safe to do so they can maximize profits.

Always question what the nurse or doctor about what's being administered and why it's being administered.  Give's doctors and nurses opportunity to double check that they are about to administer the correct dose of the correct medications at the correct times.

If you are with a chronically ill family member in the emergency, don't be shy about suggesting starting IV treatments that have worked in the past.  I believe my wife's last hospital stay for Covid-19/sepsis was significantly shortened because I sugested that my wife be started on IV electrolytes and anti-naseua medication immediately upon arrival at the E.R.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: DefiantMassRINO on February 06, 2024, 04:18:18 pm ---1.) Maternal aunt died from lukemia in her 70s.
2.) Paternal cousin died of ovarian cancer at 28.
3.) Wife had skin cancer removed.
4.) Father-in-law had skin cancer removed.
5.) Mother-in-law had surgery and is scheduled for ration for uterus cancer.
6.) Wife's cousin died from skin cancer in his 50s.
7.) Friend of the family in his early 80s dealing with 2nd bout of throat and mouth cancer.

Cancer is no longer the immediate death sentence it was 40 years ago, but it can be a rough journey, especially for re-curring instances of aggressive cancers.

I'm fortunate to live near a city and in a state that has some of the world's best cancer hospitals, doctors, and treatments.

If a person is admitted to a hospital, I recommend that a family member always be with them because corporate medicine has reduced the quantity and quality of bed-side care.  There are too few nurses who are overworked.  The insurance companies and hospitals push to have pateients sent home before it's safe to do so they can maximize profits.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely imperative that people legally dedicate a health surrogate and in case they can't serve than another be legally named. Yes the quality of health care, staff overworked, insurance companies dictating how long a patient can stay for xyz procedure is true.  It is frightening these days to go into the hospital.  COVID has had such a negative impact on our health care system and now we have ILLEGALS using the ER for routine doctors visits that hospitals find themselves strapped financially and also in need of healthcare workers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version