General Category > Health/Education

Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice

<< < (39/49) > >>

Bigun:
A word of warning; One of my neighbors (Larry) will have major surgery on the right side of his face on the 20th followed, I'm sure, by several reconstructive surgeries all of which could have been avoided had he not ignored the little skin cancer that developed on the top of his right ear sometime back.

All of that to say this; If something shows up on your body that shouldn't be there, or just doesn't feel right, GET IT CHECKED OUT! 

mountaineer:
That's right, Bigun. I knew a judge who had just a tiny pimple-like bump on his leg. By the time he had it checked out, it was too late for treatment to be effective.

In the midst of my sister's current cancer battle, I'm not ignoring any ache or pain. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 12, 2023, 10:26:31 pm ---That's right, Bigun. I knew a judge who had just a tiny pimple-like bump on his leg. By the time he had it checked out, it was too late for treatment to be effective.

In the midst of my sister's current cancer battle, I'm not ignoring any ache or pain. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

--- End quote ---

888high58888

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 12, 2023, 10:01:59 pm ---A word of warning; One of my neighbors (Larry) will have major surgery on the right side of his face on the 20th followed, I'm sure, by several reconstructive surgeries all of which could have been avoided had he not ignored the little skin cancer that developed on the top of his right ear sometime back.

All of that to say this; If something shows up on your body that shouldn't be there, or just doesn't feel right, GET IT CHECKED OUT!

--- End quote ---

@Bigun

You are kidding,right?

If I stopped to do that,I might as well go ahead and sell everything I own because the rest of my life will be spent in a hospital.

I am sure there MUST be something that looks and performs like it is supposed to ,but I can't begin to guess what it would be.

It damn sure ain't my short-term memory. Chemo set fire to that.

mountaineer:
If you've seen the prayer thread, you'll know that my sister has been dealing with stage 3 ovarian cancer since January. She had 8 chemotherapy sessions, extensive surgery, and now has completed three more chemo sessions. She's doing pretty well, but the chemo is knocking her on her butt: pain she compares to fibromyalgia, nausea, loss of appetite, etc.

I finally broke down and suggested medical mj, which is legal in her state. I should point out that I have a deep aversion to marijuana, thanks to the behavior of another sibling, but I do understand that it can reduce nausea and increase the appetite in cases like hers. I doubt she's ever tried it, and I know I haven't. But she's willing to look into it.

Any personal experiences (not just the casual toker experiences, I mean with regard to dealing with chemo side effects)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version