Author Topic: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice  (Read 128577 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2022, 01:08:30 am »
I have heard of shark cartilage but I am not truly all familiar with it.  Does it rebuild cells and/or eradicate cancer and tumors??

@libertybele

Beats the hell out of ME!

All I can tell you is that a month or two (chemo brain and time don't play well together) after taking them and the doc prescribed pills,there is no cancer to be found on my PET scans.

I can also tell you that I have had a few people out here in "flesh and blood land" tell me the same thing JAFO2010 and I are telling you here on TBR. I took the pills and the cancer just seemed to disappear and I didn't even vomit a single time. Or even have a queasy stomach.

AND......,if you have Stage 4 cancer,what do you have to lose by spending 100 bucks or so on both pills and trying them?

BTW,I do NOT get even one thin dime for these recommendations. Nor do I know anyone involved in any way with the manufacturing or sales of either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2022, 01:16:06 am »
@libertybele

Beats the hell out of ME!

All I can tell you is that a month or two (chemo brain and time don't play well together) after taking them and the doc prescribed pills,there is no cancer to be found on my PET scans.

I can also tell you that I have had a few people out here in "flesh and blood land" tell me the same thing JAFO2010 and I are telling you here on TBR. I took the pills and the cancer just seemed to disappear and I didn't even vomit a single time. Or even have a queasy stomach.

AND......,if you have Stage 4 cancer,what do you have to lose by spending 100 bucks or so on both pills and trying them?

BTW,I do NOT get even one thin dime for these recommendations. Nor do I know anyone involved in any way with the manufacturing or sales of either.

I'm only asking because I have rare cysts on the nerve roots on my spinal cord and they cannot be removed by surgery.  I guess I'll try shark cartilage.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2022, 01:20:55 am »
I'm only asking because I have rare cysts on the nerve roots on my spinal cord and they cannot be removed by surgery.  I guess I'll try shark cartilage.

@libertybele

I don't have the first clue if they will work for you or not because that isn't cancer,but the pills are cheap enough to give them a shot for 2 months or so,and then see if there is any improvement.

And I do wish you all the luck in the world on this.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2022, 01:27:08 am »
@libertybele

I don't have the first clue if they will work for you or not because that isn't cancer,but the pills are cheap enough to give them a shot for 2 months or so,and then see if there is any improvement.

And I do wish you all the luck in the world on this.

Thank you @sneakypete

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Brukinsa Zanubrutinib UPDATE!
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2022, 04:51:06 pm »
If any of you have cancer and no luck with treating it,forget about buying these pills on the web.

Cheapest I could find a bottle of 180 was $13,6xx.00. Yeah,NOT a typo. There was only two places that had it for 13.5 grand,and it was 14.5 or more everywhere else. I THINK one of the 13.5 grand places was Wal-Mart.

IF you can't get your cancer doc to furnish them to you and have 13+ grand to spend,be aware that there is no way in hell your local Wal-Mart will have them in stock. Be prepared to wait for them to order and get them in,and most likely,you will have to pay in advance to get them to order it.

Best bet is to try your cancer doc. Mine gave me the first bottle for free because most likely the clinic she works for gets them for free from the manufacturer so they can be used and the word spread that they work. A tax write-off for the manufacturer,and it helps them get on the good side of clinics that will spread the word about them and create a demand.

Not sure if I am going to have any luck or not, but I plan on asking my cancer doc if she can get me more next time I see her. Since I can't afford 13-14 grand for a 90 day supply of pills,it is my only option other than to just quit taking them and see if the cancer returns.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical experience
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2022, 02:36:30 am »
bookmark

@Victoria33

How do you bookmark a thread?

BTW,I tried to send you a PM,but you have me blocked for some reason.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2022, 03:07:22 am »
@Victoria33

How do you bookmark a thread?

BTW,I tried to send you a PM,but you have me blocked for some reason.
:bkmk:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2022, 04:48:28 am »
:bkmk:

@Texas Yellow Rose

Ok,so where do I find that icon,and how do I save it to my TBR page?

• Native Texan
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2022, 12:01:00 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Ok,so where do I find that icon,and how do I save it to my TBR page?

When making a comment enter "[more]" right over the box you will find the bookmark with the icon. Insert it just like making a comment.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2022, 10:09:42 pm »
When making a comment enter "[more]" right over the box you will find the bookmark with the icon. Insert it just like making a comment.

@Texas Yellow Rose

Thank you!

Not trying to look as ignurt as I actually am,can I assume I do this by dragging it down?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2022, 10:13:48 pm »
If any of you have cancer and no luck with treating it,forget about buying these pills on the web.

Cheapest I could find a bottle of 180 was $13,6xx.00. Yeah,NOT a typo. There was only two places that had it for 13.5 grand,and it was 14.5 or more everywhere else. I THINK one of the 13.5 grand places was Wal-Mart.

IF you can't get your cancer doc to furnish them to you and have 13+ grand to spend,be aware that there is no way in hell your local Wal-Mart will have them in stock. Be prepared to wait for them to order and get them in,and most likely,you will have to pay in advance to get them to order it.

Best bet is to try your cancer doc. Mine gave me the first bottle for free because most likely the clinic she works for gets them for free from the manufacturer so they can be used and the word spread that they work. A tax write-off for the manufacturer,and it helps them get on the good side of clinics that will spread the word about them and create a demand.

Not sure if I am going to have any luck or not, but I plan on asking my cancer doc if she can get me more next time I see her. Since I can't afford 13-14 grand for a 90 day supply of pills,it is my only option other than to just quit taking them and see if the cancer returns.

@sneakypete  I looked up Brukinsa Zanubrutinib and it is specifically made to target lymphoma.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2022, 10:48:32 pm »
@sneakypete  I looked up Brukinsa Zanubrutinib and it is specifically made to target lymphoma.

@libertybele

That makes sense,since I was diagnosed as having Stage 4 Lymphoma.

Had a cancer doc tell me last week that it is "kind of a form of chemotherapy".

What I know for a fact is that it helped me test negative for cancer after being diagnosed as being "untreatable" after the traditional methods didn't work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2022, 10:52:12 pm »

@libertybele

BTW,I had a slightly more lucid moment today and remembered the cheapest places to buy it if you don't have insurance are a Wal-Mart pharmacy,or a Food Lion pharmacy.

• Native Texan
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2022, 11:41:15 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Thank you!

Not trying to look as ignurt as I actually am,can I assume I do this by dragging it down?

No, just click on it and it will automatically go to you comment ... then post.  If you want to find it later, go to your profile and click "show posts".
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:43:42 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2022, 12:32:21 am »
No, just click on it and it will automatically go to you comment ... then post.  If you want to find it later, go to your profile and click "show posts".

@Texas Yellow Rose

THANK YOU!

I have been trying to copy and paste,and then trying to drag them down in to place,and had no idea how I was going wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2023, 10:01:59 pm »
A word of warning; One of my neighbors (Larry) will have major surgery on the right side of his face on the 20th followed, I'm sure, by several reconstructive surgeries all of which could have been avoided had he not ignored the little skin cancer that developed on the top of his right ear sometime back.

All of that to say this; If something shows up on your body that shouldn't be there, or just doesn't feel right, GET IT CHECKED OUT! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2023, 10:26:31 pm »
That's right, Bigun. I knew a judge who had just a tiny pimple-like bump on his leg. By the time he had it checked out, it was too late for treatment to be effective.

In the midst of my sister's current cancer battle, I'm not ignoring any ache or pain. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a hypochondriac.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2023, 10:31:08 pm »
That's right, Bigun. I knew a judge who had just a tiny pimple-like bump on his leg. By the time he had it checked out, it was too late for treatment to be effective.

In the midst of my sister's current cancer battle, I'm not ignoring any ache or pain. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2023, 12:36:00 am »
A word of warning; One of my neighbors (Larry) will have major surgery on the right side of his face on the 20th followed, I'm sure, by several reconstructive surgeries all of which could have been avoided had he not ignored the little skin cancer that developed on the top of his right ear sometime back.

All of that to say this; If something shows up on your body that shouldn't be there, or just doesn't feel right, GET IT CHECKED OUT!

@Bigun

You are kidding,right?

If I stopped to do that,I might as well go ahead and sell everything I own because the rest of my life will be spent in a hospital.

I am sure there MUST be something that looks and performs like it is supposed to ,but I can't begin to guess what it would be.

It damn sure ain't my short-term memory. Chemo set fire to that.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2023, 10:57:40 pm »
If you've seen the prayer thread, you'll know that my sister has been dealing with stage 3 ovarian cancer since January. She had 8 chemotherapy sessions, extensive surgery, and now has completed three more chemo sessions. She's doing pretty well, but the chemo is knocking her on her butt: pain she compares to fibromyalgia, nausea, loss of appetite, etc.

I finally broke down and suggested medical mj, which is legal in her state. I should point out that I have a deep aversion to marijuana, thanks to the behavior of another sibling, but I do understand that it can reduce nausea and increase the appetite in cases like hers. I doubt she's ever tried it, and I know I haven't. But she's willing to look into it.

Any personal experiences (not just the casual toker experiences, I mean with regard to dealing with chemo side effects)?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »
If you've seen the prayer thread, you'll know that my sister has been dealing with stage 3 ovarian cancer since January. She had 8 chemotherapy sessions, extensive surgery, and now has completed three more chemo sessions. She's doing pretty well, but the chemo is knocking her on her butt: pain she compares to fibromyalgia, nausea, loss of appetite, etc.

I finally broke down and suggested medical mj, which is legal in her state. I should point out that I have a deep aversion to marijuana, thanks to the behavior of another sibling, but I do understand that it can reduce nausea and increase the appetite in cases like hers. I doubt she's ever tried it, and I know I haven't. But she's willing to look into it.

Any personal experiences (not just the casual toker experiences, I mean with regard to dealing with chemo side effects)?

Has your sister looked into CBDs? I don't have any personal experience but I've read they an be effective. She may be able to get the benefits without the high. @mountaineer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2023, 11:53:54 pm »

@mountaineer

Well,even IF I still toked weed I wouldn't be able to tell you because chemo wiped out my short-term memory. To the point I sometimes start to talk with a long-time friend,and can't remember their name.

If it weren't for spell-check,I wouldn't even be able to post here. Even when I do post,I always have to go back and read each sentence one at a time to remember what I am posting about.

Chemo and radiation ain't for sissies!

I WILL tell you that toking a little weed has NEVER in all of reported time ever been known  to harm  anyone,and that IF an adult can get over the paranoia of smoking weed (or eathing hash brownies) it can only help.

No,it won't cure anything,but will help  to calm you  down,which IS good for your blood pressure and probably for your piece of mind.

If you live in a state where it is legal,you owe it to yourself to try it,but I recommend trying it in the company of someone you  know and trust who has smoked it for a while. If you start to panic,they can  calm you down.

BTW,the only reason I quit smoking weed is because I moved to a new area and didn't know anyone else that smoked,and the few people I offered to share a joint with acted terrified. Since for ME,smoking weed was a social thing,I had no interest in smoking it by myself. Now I honestly don't even know where I could buy any. Or care. Have too much trouble just breathing to be smoking anything.

BTW,I THINK I might have been maybe 12 or 13 years old the first time I toked up,and it was at a party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2023, 12:00:36 am »
Has your sister looked into CBDs? I don't have any personal experience but I've read they an be effective. She may be able to get the benefits without the high. @mountaineer

@bigheadfred

@mountaineer

Fred,if she has been blasted with chemo and radiation like I was,she won't be able to remember who to ask or what needs to be asked. Seriously.

She needs to have her sister or someone else with an actual memory take notes on what should be tried and maybe even monitor her while she tries it.

I don't smoke anything anymore,but I have to admit if I knew where I could buy a legal hash-brownie,I'd have a few laying around.

Ok,I would have ONE laying around. It never took much  for me to catch a buzz,even on cheap 10 bucks a bag pot back in the 70's. Just one hash brownie would probably last me a week.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2023, 01:20:51 am »
The state has a website to apply for a medical marijuana card. If she goes through the steps, it looks pretty simple.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2023, 12:54:35 pm »
Oops, it just occurred to me that she also has a concealed carry permit. I hope the ridiculous peoples' republic of of Pennsylvania wouldn't give her a marijuana card, only to take her carry permit away from her.