Author Topic: ‘Condescending and Contemptuous’: University Presidents Blasted in Antisemitism Hearing  (Read 52 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Condescending and Contemptuous’: University Presidents Blasted in Antisemitism Hearing
Tony Kinnett / @TheTonus / May 26, 2024

“If I might correct the premise of your question” became the phrase of the day from university leaders Thursday in a contentious House hearing focused on antisemitism.

Appearing before the House Education and Workforce Committee were Michael Schill, president of Northwestern University; Jonathan Holloway, president of Rutgers University; and Gene Block, chancellor of the University of California, Los Angeles.

Lawmakers asked the university heads to discuss their role in contributing to the disastrous anti-Israel protests and encampments on their campuses, which resulted in assault, battery, vandalism, intimidation, entrapment, theft, and other crimes.

Of the three, only Hollaway gave a definitive answer when asked how many students were suspended or otherwise punished for their illegal actions: He said Rutgers suspended four students.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/05/26/condescending-and-contemptuous-university-presidents-blasted-in-antisemitism-hearing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson