Author Topic: Experts warn 'silver tsunami' poses threat to the economy as over-65s are set to outnumber children  (Read 390 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

DAILYMAIL.COM
By DOMINIC YEATMAN
13 May 2024

Seniors are set to outnumber children for the first time in American history within six years, as experts warn that the country is about to struggle with a dramatically aging population.

The 'silver tsunami' has already seen the burden on working age people double since 1960 when there were six workers for every over-65.

And millions now risk having no-one to help them as the poorly-paid care industry is squeezed out by better paid jobs in a tight labor market.

(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13412171/americas-population-silver-tsunami-economy-outnumber-children.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Are there no work farms? Gov handouts.  If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.  Make room for our new "visitors" Biden is welcoming.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Canada has a plan for cost cutting when it comes to the old and infirm draining the government purse....euthanasia, are you tired? euthanize!,  infirm? euthanize!, unhappy? euthanize!, can't remember shit? euthanize! born with any sort of disability? euthanize! question Trudy or his policies? get euthanized! All of this is on the democrats wish list and has been ever since Obama care was rammed up our...sphincters. Seniors in America on SS and Medicare are draining valuable resources from the democrats ability to give free shit to illegal aliens.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Silvers who are not financially capable or set will be especailly vulnerable, adding the point of  the realzation that there will be a tipping point that government confiscation of wealth will be routine.

Decades and decades of poor governmental decisons will have he end result of a New American Dystopia.  Glad I'm approaching 70, rather than 40 or 50.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Not in my locale. Everyone's having babies a plenty. They present a broad number that doesn't represent the regional differences across the country.
The Republic is lost.