Author Topic: Who's next? Trump shakes up top DHS ranks  (Read 420 times)

Online corbe

Who's next? Trump shakes up top DHS ranks
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:59:33 pm »
Who's next? Trump shakes up top DHS ranks

by Anna Giaritelli

April 08, 2019 04:07 PM

Top officials at the Department of Homeland Security are wondering who will be next to depart the agency after a series of surprise terminations in recent days — and no way of knowing if President Trump is through with the chopping block.

Three senior officials at the 16-year-old agency, including the secretary of the department, have been stripped of their offices. That leaves the country's border and immigration agencies without directors as the highest number of migrants in more than a decade continues to arrive at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The upheaval makes DHS the latest federal agency to operate under an acting director. And while immigration enforcement is a key component of DHS' mission, it's actually only one part. The Secret Service falls under DHS, and on Monday, that unit, charged with protecting the president and his family, saw its own shakeup.

The firings began last Thursday night when Ronald Vitiello, who was nominated last June to head Immigration and Customs Enforcement, was informed by a senior White House official he would not be traveling with Trump to the border the following day.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/whos-next-trump-shakes-up-top-dhs-ranks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Who's next? Trump shakes up top DHS ranks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:02:05 pm »
   Please leave Perry at Energy.
   There is no need to prove that 'The Peter Principle' is real.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:52:50 pm »
   Please leave Perry at Energy.
   There is no need to prove that 'The Peter Principle' is real.

goopo

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:56:42 pm »
I think the problem for Trump and the Pubs going into 2020 is they failed o do any of the big things that they campaigned on. They failed on obamacare and don't want to put a plan together that they can pass if they win the majority back. Also, all the efforts on immigration have been Trump by himself fighting for the USA as the Pubs have stood on the sidelines.

I think Trump will get a pass from the voters, but I don't see a chamber of commerce Pub party winning back the majority.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home