Author Topic: The Trump-Charlottesville 'Moral Equivalency' Lie the Left Keeps Telling  (Read 842 times)

rangerrebew

The Trump-Charlottesville 'Moral Equivalency' Lie the Left Keeps Telling
Larry Elder

Posted: Apr 04, 2019 12:00 AM

During a 2008 interview with then-Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, ABC's Charlie Gibson asked whether Alaska's proximity to Russia offered Palin unique "insight." Palin responded, "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

In a Saturday Night Live skit, comic Tiny Fey mocked in this exchange with comic Amy Poehler, who portrayed Hillary Clinton.

Fey as Palin: "You know, Hillary and I don't agree on everything ..."

https://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2019/04/04/the-trumpcharlottesville-moral-equivalency-lie-the-left-keeps-telling-n2544241

Offline Hoodat

"I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally."

-President Donald Trump-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
One evening in the past few weeks, Levin patiently worked through that whole torturous interview with the "media" interrupting him and shouting over him every few seconds...  it was clear that the "message" that they have been broadcasting since then never came out of Trump's mouth...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Charlottesville was a hijacked event from the git-go.

Between ANTIFA, the Supremacists, and the Neonazis, (not to mention the Media, who never intended to give any historical value a fair shake) the whole seminal message about preserving history, even in the face of revisionist social justice fads, got completely lost.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The Trump-Charlottesville 'Moral Equivalency' Lie the Left Keeps Telling..."

e pluribus unum.

What else does the left "tell", other than... lies...?

Offline Rivergirl

Fair shake to those who marched in the street shouting...…...WE WILL NOT LET THE JEWS REPLACE US
Fair shake to the man who drove his car into the crowd
Fair shake to the president who stood before the American people and said that there were fine people on both sides.    Or should we pretend that none of this ever happened because Levin said so?????

Offline Hoodat

Fair shake to the president who stood before the American people and said that there were fine people on both sides.    Or should we pretend that none of this ever happened because Levin said so?????

@Rivergirl

The President said that there were very good people on both sides of the Confederate monument issue.  Why do you falsely pretend he said something other than that?

Again,

"Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."  .  .  .  .  .  "I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

-President Donald Trump-

By the way, Larry Elder is the author of this op-ed - not Levin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Rivergirl

The President said that there were very good people on both sides of the Confederate monument issue.  Why do you falsely pretend he said something other than that?

Again,

By the way, Larry Elder is the author of this op-ed - not Levin.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln