Author Topic: Trump To Recommend Pizza Magnate Herman Cain For Federal Reserve Post  (Read 651 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NPR

URL: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/04/710023657/trump-to-recommend-pizza-magnate-herman-cain-for-federal-reserve-post

by Scott Horsley

President Trump said he wants to appoint former Godfather's Pizza CEO and Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain to the Federal Reserve Board.

"I find Herman to be an outstanding person," Trump told reporters during an Oval Office appearance with the vice premier of China on Thursday. "I would think he would do very well there."

Cain, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, ran unsuccessfully for president during the 2012 election cycle. He achieved notoriety with his "9-9-9" tax plan, but dropped out of the race after allegations that he sexually harassed women and cheated on his wife — allegations Cain denied in 2011.

Trump suggested those old claims would not disqualify Cain from a Fed post.

"He's doing some pre-checking now and I would imagine he'd be in great shape," the president said.

Cain has criticized Federal Reserve policies in the past, suggesting in a 2012 Wall Street Journal column that the U.S. should return to the gold standard.

Trump has announced plans to fill a second vacancy on the Fed board with another critic, Stephen Moore, who has echoed the president's own complaints that the Fed stifled economic growth by raising interest rates last year.

Moore, a conservative commentator at the Heritage Foundation, has drawn fire from those who say he's overly partisan and lacks the economic credentials for a Fed post. The IRS is also seeking to collect more than $75,000 in back taxes from Moore, who insists he doesn't owe the government any money.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump To Recommend Pizza Magnate Herman Cain For Federal Reserve Post
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 05:01:43 pm »
"Cain, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City..."

Sounds like he has the experience and would be ideal.  I listen to Cain I believe on the Sean Hannity show he makes periodic appearances. I'd probably like to hear more from him. He had his own show for awhile. I don't know about now.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 05:30:51 pm »
Donald Trump’s Pick Of Herman Cain For Federal Reserve Is Interesting

Posted at 12:30 pm on April 5, 2019 by Joe Cunningham

With the news that began circulating yesterday that President Donald Trump intends to put Herman Cain on the board of the Federal Reserve (as covered by my colleague Mike Ford here), I couldn’t help but question the logic behind it.

That’s not to say Cain isn’t qualified – in fact, he very much is. He headed up the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in the 90s, after all. But, while Cain has been a Trump loyalist (particularly through his nationally-syndicated radio show), Trump and Cain are at odds over one particular issue that deals directly with the Fed: Interest Rates.

Trump has repeatedly blasted the Fed for raising rates during his time in office. He is not a fan of the practice. Cain, however, is a proponent of the widely-accepted idea that raising rates is a sign of a strong economy. I have argued the same thing here at RedState.

During Barack Obama’s administration, despite Obama’s claims that the nation was in a recovery, the Fed kept rates artificially low. The economy wasn’t strong enough at that point. But, as the unemployment rate went down and as pay started going up, it was clear that the average American was closer to getting back on their feet.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2019/04/05/donald-trumps-pick-herman-cain-federal-reserve-interesting/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 06:09:27 pm »
Appoint him.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
Here's a reminder for those who forgot about Herman Cain:

1) Herman Cain ran for President in 2012

2) Cain first alerted America to the 'Chilean Model' of solving the looming social security problem and other free market solutions during his presidential campaign, all based on his own experience at the Fed Board in Kansas.

3) He is a successful businessman who operated in the real world as CEO of a large Pizza chain.

4) He favors simplifying our horrendously convoluted tax code ( Remember his 9-9-9 plan ? )

5) His campaign was derailed by accusations of sexual misconduct by Gloria Allred. It makes me wonder if she and her girls will reappear this time...

And note this -- MITT ROMNEY DOES NOT LIKE HIS APPOINTMENT !!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »
Cain was also Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. He was Deputy Chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and then Chairman until 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »
Cain was also Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. He was Deputy Chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and then Chairman until 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

I came to say the same thing. The headline makes it seem like the extent of his experience is pouring sauce.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 07:56:44 pm »
I came to say the same thing. The headline makes it seem like the extent of his experience is pouring sauce.

Not like the guy is a rocket scientist.

Anymore.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 08:22:40 pm »

Truth.   :beer: