Author Topic: Trump got no bounce from Mueller. That leaves him a narrow path to re-election  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There's but one "bounce" that will absolutely ensure a Trump victory in 2020:

Build the wall, using whatever it takes, troops on the border for enforcement, as many as needed.

Stop making threats, and just do it.
Don't be intimidated by the democrat-communists.
Get construction underway and troops in place.
Let 'em sue all they want to remove 'em, but leave them there and keep building.

Do this, and it's a cakewalk to victory in 2020.
DON'T do it, and the election will be up-for-grabs.
That would be a good start. Without it, there are three big promises which electrified his base that will become his third rail.

Build the wall.
Hillary in irons.
Repeal Obamacare.

Big, well ballyhooed decisions look good, but in the background, there are negatives.

Taxes cut? Yep, but so were employee vehicle, travel, and per diem expense deductions (Form 2106).
Maybe my rate is lower, but I'm paying it on 20% more of my income, the part I had to spend to make the money.
For a guy who drives 1200 miles to a short term job site, that hurts.

We've heard so much about all the wall being built. How much and where?

Yes the sting has been taken out of the ACA by suspending the penalty part. That can be undone by a Dem with a wave of the hand. Then what?

As for judicial appointees, they seem solid, but so did Roberts.

So, we'll see, but nothing will put washouts on the old rail line like not getting the job done, and relying on the Democrat candidate fear factor just isn't a good action plan, any more than hoping your enemies will screw up so you can win a war.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

What do they plan on hitting him with in 2020? Stormy Daniels again? The investigation that went nowhere? Immigration (his winning issue)? I think it's looking good for the orange man.

Immigration WAS his winning issue.  As of now, he has FAILED BIGLY on this issue.  Threatening Mexico that he's going to shut down the border than recanting by saying he'll now give them a year, is troubling.  Amnesty, no wall and open borders aren't what his supporters signed up for.  His saving grace is that the DEMS are so bat crap crazy that he's a better alternative.  It's all going to boil down to his ability to capture more independent voters.  There's always the possibility that he won't seek re-election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

@Dexter No one knew about Stormy in 2016 except perhaps a few p0rno freaks and I still think sleeping with Trump ruined her career.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
On any other issue I would be sympathetic. But this border situation screams for a solution right now.

You are right he's trying harder than anyone else has in 60 years under the current climate to stop the flow. But he's the only person in a position to do something and he needs to go nuclear soon or we are finished.

Yes,  but recognize the "current climate" is something that he's partially responsible for. 

Democrats used to support funding for border fencing, but won't do so under Trump.

Democrats seemed a couple of years ago to be willing to swap protection for Dreamers in exchange for immigration reforms that conservatives want.   But they won't give an inch to Trump, even as the Dreamers languish.   

Moderate Dem voices used to be occasionally heard,  but they've been effectively silenced in favor of radicalism and "resistance" against Trump. 

Some here cheer Trump because "he fights",  but the Dems fight back, with greater unity than Republicans can muster.   The result, in the context of a booming economy, is a crisis with tens of thousands flooding the border and the Dems ready and willing to stoke and use the crisis for selfish political advantage.

We need to decide whether we want to fulminate about this crisis, or do something about it.    The latter requires compromise with the political opposition to fix the laws that keep us from being able to address the mobs at the border.   Just yesterday a judge in San Francisco struck down Trump's uniliateral plan to house migrants on the Mexican side of the border pending their asylum hearings.    The judge invited a legislative solution to permit the practice,  but no such legislative fix seems possible in the world of Trump and his enemies' obsessions.   

@Dexter is absolutely right - Trump can't just snap his fingers and act like a dictator.    The border crisis is symptomatic of the larger political crisis,  with entrenched opponents staring the other down, animated by rage, hate and utter resistance to dialogue.   

Something needs to be done to lance the boil.    That's why I believe the greatest act of patriotism Trump can muster would be to decide to declare victory on his terms and step down in favor of another GOP nominee.   And it is up to the us in the mainstream GOP to encourage that patriotic act.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:44:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
   @Dexter No one knew about Stormy in 2016 except perhaps a few p0rno freaks and I still think sleeping with Trump ruined her career.

Leftist hookers have standards?

Who knew?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

Yes,  but recognize the "current climate" is something that he's partially responsible for. 

Democrats used to support funding for border fencing, but won't do so under Trump.

Democrats seemed a couple of years ago to be willing to swap protection for Dreamers in exchange for immigration reforms that conservatives want.   But they won't give an inch to Trump, even as the Dreamers languish.   

Moderate Dem voices used to be occasionally heard,  but they've been effectively silenced in favor of radicalism and "resistance" against Trump. 

Some here cheer Trump because "he fights",  but the Dems fight back, with greater unity than Republicans can muster.   The result, in the context of a booming economy, is a crisis with tens of thousands flooding the border and the Dems ready and willing to stoke and use the crisis for selfish political advantage.

We need to decide whether we want to fulminate about this crisis, or do something about it.    The latter requires compromise with the political opposition to fix the laws that keep us from being able to address the mobs at the border.   Just yesterday a judge in San Francisco struck down Trump's uniliateral plan to house migrants on the Mexican side of the border pending their asylum hearings.    The judge invited a legislative solution to permit the practice,  but no such legislative fix seems possible in the world of Trump and his enemies' obsessions.   

@Dexter is absolutely right - Trump can't just snap his fingers and act like a dictator.    The border crisis is symptomatic of the larger political crisis,  with entrenched opponents staring the other down, animated by rage, hate and utter resistance to dialogue.   

Something needs to be done to lance the boil.    That's why I believe the greatest act of patriotism Trump can muster would be to decide to declare victory on his terms and step down in favor of another GOP nominee.   And it is up to the us in the mainstream GOP to encourage that patriotic act.   

The leftists aren't going to change course even IF Trump were to step down.  Their sole objective is to flood this country with as many illegals as possible in order to secure future votes so that no GOP is ever seated again. They are quickly achieving their goal and Trump is doing nothing to stop them.  Kicking a shutdown a year down the road only exacerbates the problem, BIGLY.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
  Their sole objective is to flood this country with as many illegals as possible in order to secure future votes so that no GOP is ever seated again.

I agree they are cynical and want to do anything to stymie Trump,  but this accusation is off-the-wall ridiculous.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Democrats supported border fencing until the idea that the illegal alien vote would outstrip the unions which have been hammered by Democrat environmental policies (no jobs, no unions). Ask the UMW, UAW, and anyone else who used to work in 'smokestack' industry. That's a lot of 'toxic masculinity' the Dems have thrown under the bus, and they're banking the illegal vote will compensate, along with their identity politics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

I agree they are cynical and want to do anything to stymie Trump,  but this accusation is off-the-wall ridiculous.

Well, apathy and denial on illegal immigration still lives among even those who claim to be on the right.  Amazing.  Politicians on the left have even stated their advantage to allowing illegals in; vote wise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well, apathy and denial on illegal immigration still lives among even those who claim to be on the right.  Amazing.  Politicians on the left have even stated their advantage to allowing illegals in; vote wise.

I see no apathy or denial on the right.   What I see is a stubbornness to make the necessary hard choices.    We have two entrenched political parties at each other's throats,  each refusing to compromise,  and each more interested in securing political advantage than in solving problems.   

A perfect example is the so-called Dreamers.    I favor normalizing their status in exchange for increase funding for border security, or changes in the law that will make it easier to address illegal immigration.   But most here want no compromise on the issue,  and bad-mouth the Dreamers -  folks brought here as children! -  as nefarious invaders.   Meanwhile, the Dems, who purport to champion the Dreamers,  have tossed them over the side in their zeal to bloody Donald Trump.   Meanwhile, the problems get worse and worse, as each side sees advantages in exploiting the crisis.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:55:00 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just got around to reading this.  The actual polling results are not mentioned, so I have to assume it's a "media poll" being referenced, the least accurate polls on the planet, because they are not meant to measure public opinion, only influence it.

Only one poll matters, and it's not until November, 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: