Author Topic: 3 more women accuse Biden of inappropriate contact  (Read 955 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
3 more women accuse Biden of inappropriate contact
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:27:57 pm »
3 more women accuse Biden of inappropriate contact
by Zachary Halaschak
 | April 03, 2019 11:51 PM

Three more women have come forward to accuse former Vice President Joe Biden of inappropriately touching them, bringing the total to seven.

Vail Kohnert-Yount, Sofie Karasek, and Ally Coll shared their experiences with the former vice president with the Washington Post.

Kohnert-Yount, a former White House intern, told the Post she was trying to exit the basement of the West Wing when Biden approached to shake her hand. Biden “put his hand on the back of my head and pressed his forehead to my forehead while he talked to me," she said.

“I was so shocked that it was hard to focus on what he was saying. I remember he told me I was a ‘pretty girl,’” she said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/3-more-women-accuse-biden-of-inappropriate-contact
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: 3 more women accuse Biden of inappropriate contact
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:31:53 pm »
Ok, now we have women coming out of the woodwork making claims, but where is the proof?  Sure, there are photos of Biden getting touchy-feely with some ladies, but now this is sounding like Kavanaugh and Moore.  Accusations without proof. 

By the way, saying a woman is "pretty" is hardly assault or even inappropriate behavior.  I once worked for a small firm -- the head honcho was an older gentleman who would always notice and compliment the ladies on a new hairstyle or dress.  I guess if this gentleman was around now and complimented a woman, he would be crucified. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:35:53 pm by Applewood »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:40:29 pm »
And none of these accusations represent sexual assault.    These are all attempts by Biden's rivals to take him down over his well-known "handsy" ways by inflating such behavior into something creepy and disqualifying.   

Let the Dems eat their own.   Mrs.  Jazz, by the way, is furious -  she's a long-long Dem who shares, as I do, the view that Biden is the strongest potential candidate against the Republicans.   I'm just letting her rant and rave - and secretly smiling.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:01:06 pm »
I'm sorry, but this amuses me.

I'd say maybe this qualifies as Dems being hoisted by their own petard.  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
Show me some actual;l proof of legitimate real assault, or shut up
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 03:33:21 pm »
Show me some actual;l proof of legitimate real assault, or shut up

Legally, I believe all the hands-on stuff without permission and with strangers qualifies as "assault," doesn't it?

Any of our TBR lawyers can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think it's legally permissible to paw and nuzzle anyone you feel like pawing and nuzzling.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 09:26:38 pm »
Legally, I believe all the hands-on stuff without permission and with strangers qualifies as "assault," doesn't it?

I don't think it's legally permissible to paw and nuzzle anyone you feel like pawing and nuzzling.
My understanding and I reserve the right to b e completely 100% dead wrong is that it required some degree of violence.
From what I have seen it is creepy, but does not rise to the level of assault.

noun
a sudden, violent attack; onslaught:
an assault on tradition.
Law . an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.
Military . the stage of close combat in an attack.
rape1.

battery
the act of beating or battering.
Law . an unlawful attack upon another person by beating or wounding, or by touching in an offensive manner.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 10:53:29 pm »
2 years of unfounded/unproven accusation against a sitting POTUS.

It's not right, it's not binding, but it Does hang in the air.

And it colors perception, which shifts votes. Nasty games. They work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:54:36 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:31 pm »
I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 12:02:22 am »
My understanding and I reserve the right to b e completely 100% dead wrong is that it required some degree of violence.
From what I have seen it is creepy, but does not rise to the level of assault.

No one said it did.  Biden is just creepy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 12:22:50 am »

Assault might be too strong - I call it molestation. The handsy stuff might be borderline but uninvited kissing goes beyond innocent "affection". Either way, it's using a position of power to take advantage of women who aren't in a position to escape without making a scene. A few documented incidents like that would get you fired from most jobs...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 02:38:16 am »
Benjamin Babarsky @bbabarsky
 #joebiden at his childhood home in #scranton with a film crew, must be getting a campaign ad ready! #biden2020. 

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 12:09:29 pm »
No one said it did.  Biden is just creepy.
See Music Lady's reply # 5 Legally, I believe all the hands-on stuff without permission and with strangers qualifies as "assault," doesn't it?

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 12:10:33 pm »
Assault might be too strong - I call it molestation. The handsy stuff might be borderline but uninvited kissing goes beyond innocent "affection". Either way, it's using a position of power to take advantage of women who aren't in a position to escape without making a scene. A few documented incidents like that would get you fired from most jobs...
I was thinking "Sexual Harassment" But I do reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2019, 01:36:39 pm »

Exactly.  No one but a Democrat politician gets away with this kind of personal imposition on women and children.

And @verga - I don't think assault is necessarily violent.  If you put your hands on someone else against their will, I believe it qualifies.

However, I agree with @Hoodat  - Biden is just plain creepy.  And again, if he weren't a Dem, he wouldn't be where he is today.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 01:52:39 pm »
It shows a lack of respect for women.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 02:42:05 pm »
What's particularly satisfying is that Biden made it a signature issue during his time as Veep to fight the alleged "epidemic" of sexual assault on college campuses (based on flawed studies that defined "assault" broadly enough to include mere uncomfortable conduct),  including the Obama administration's efforts to curtail due process for students accused of sexual assault.   He made numerous speeches back then trumpeting the standard of affirmative consent and demanding that only "yes means yes". 

And so now it appears that Handsy Joe's rhetoric was just another example of "rules for thee, but not for me".   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 10:22:59 pm »
Who here remembers Gloria Steinhem defending Clinton's transgressions with women by saying that a man was entitled to "one free grope" ??

I guess that applies only to males of the democrat-communist faith...

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 12:20:02 am »
I was thinking "Sexual Harassment" But I do reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Harassment isn't strong enough - that could be nothing more than a slightly off-color joke or foul language.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA