Author Topic: Police: 73-year-old man being robbed shoots, kills alleged robber in Duquesne  (Read 369 times)

Offline Applewood

Police: 73-year-old man being robbed shoots, kills alleged robber in Duquesne

Police said the 73-year-old man is a jitney driver and picked up the 33-year-old man and another passenger in Duquesne. While the 73-year-old man was driving, the 33-year-old man pulled out a gun and demanded money while striking the 73-year-old in the head with the gun.

The extra passenger then fled the vehicle. The 73-year-old and 33-year-old then got out of the vehicle, and the 73-year-old pulled out his own handgun and shot the 33-year-old, who died of his injuries.

Detectives determined that the jitney driver's gun was legally owned and he had a valid concealed carry permit.

Excerpt.  Read more at:

https://www.wtae.com/article/shooting-reported-in-duquesne-allegheny-county/27034095

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I love a story with a happy ending.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

I love a story with a happy ending.

Me too.  And this story has some significance in western PA because Pittsburgh just passed a local gun control law.  The law won't m affect the jitney driver since he is in a suburb, but the story serves as a good reason why it's a bad idea to restrict private ownership of firearms.  Who knows what might have  happened to this older man if he didn't have his own weapon?