Author Topic: BREAKING: Beto 2020 campaign memo found in El Paso coffee shop!  (Read 598 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
An astute fan of the Glenn Beck Program recently found a curious document that was apparently left on a corner table of an El Paso coffee shop. Upon closer examination of the coffee-stained pages, the fan was rather surprised to discover it was a Beto campaign memo containing the rough draft of a communication from Beto to the nation explaining his campaign for president. The pages contained plenty of red ink – obviously whichever campaign adviser reviewed the communication wanted a lot of changes. They didn't mince words either, writing " Must discuss ASAP!" in red at the top of the first page. On page three, when Beto apparently planned to address the time he broke into the University of Texas at El Paso campus, the adviser bluntly wrote, "What? No." in the margin. Below is the full text of Beto's draft:

America! You may've heard – I'm running for president. That's right, I'm throwing my sombrero in the ring so to speak. And man, is it going to be fun. The road trip of my dreams. Just me, my guitar, and the open road. And a small group of traveling fans (some refer to them as the "press corps").

So, for those who don't know me yet – are you living in a cave? JK. Of course you've heard of me. You've also probably heard, thanks to some of my conservative compadres, that "Beto" is not my given name. That is true. But my truth is that I self-identify as Beto. Because Beto is the only name that fully encapsulates who I am – a millionaire, cultural appropriating Gen X-er with an open mind and an even opener heart. Just a sincere dude with an unfulfilled rock star fantasy, massive father-pleasing-baggage, and a generous helping of political opportunism and white, male, Ivy League privilege....

https://www.glennbeck.com/blog/breaking-beto-2020-campaign-memo-found-in-el-paso-coffee-shop

Wow!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: BREAKING: Beto 2020 campaign memo found in El Paso coffee shop!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
If Biden doesn't run and others are certainly trying to take him down, Beto's or Harris' chances rise greatly... that may be stating the obvious, but so be it.

This article must be "satire" but what the heck, when we have clear immigration stories being posted in politics.

Oh, and there is today's date.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:11:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:08:15 pm »
Doesn't seem quite legit to me....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:12:30 pm »
Doesn't seem quite legit to me....

Sort of like Beto?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:15:01 pm »
There it is at the end of the article, happy April Fools everyone.

[NOTE: The preceding Memo was a parody written by MRA writer Nathan Nipper – not Beto O'Rourke. April Fools!]

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 04:19:42 pm »
There it is at the end of the article, happy April Fools everyone.

[NOTE: The preceding Memo was a parody written by MRA writer Nathan Nipper – not Beto O'Rourke. April Fools!]

@TomSea, if you object to this post, just delete it.   :shrug:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 04:29:12 pm »
If Biden doesn't run and others are certainly trying to take him down, Beto's or Harris' chances rise greatly... that may be stating the obvious, but so be it.

This article must be "satire" but what the heck, when we have clear immigration stories being posted in politics.

Oh, and there is today's date.

With all the videos floating around on the net, and as lacking in self awareness as Joe is even he knows he’s done. Watch as suddenly he announces that shifting priorities have forced him to withdraw from consideration; his family needs him more than a national call to service.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 05:19:25 pm »
Mine was "Robert Frances O'Rouke adopts 2 parents from Mexico, changes his name to Beto Gonzalez Segovia to reflect the adoption".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 11:00:14 pm »
The sad thing is...I could see him saying these things.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 11:37:20 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn