Author Topic: Trump is reportedly 'saving' a seat on the Supreme Court for conservative Amy Barrett in place of Ru  (Read 343 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump is reportedly 'saving' a seat on the Supreme Court for conservative Amy Barrett in place of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Rosie Perper

President Donald Trump is "saving" a seat on the US Supreme Court bench for judge Amy Barrett in place of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,Axiosreported on Sunday.

The 47-year-old was shortlisted by Trump for the Supreme Court seat vacated by retired Justice Anthony Kennedy in 2018, and is reportedly a favorite among conservative activists.

Still, Trump may not get another Supreme Court pick, despite his desire to fill the bench with a reliable conservative majority.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has stated she plans to remain a justice for " at least five more years" and appears in good health despite recent health concerns.

Read more at: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-saving-ruth-bader-ginsburg-seat-for-amy-barrett-2019-4

OANN was reporting something like this as well....I don't think this is the best version of the story I've heard. It's breaking news.

Offline skeeter

Which is why RBG will not be allowed to kick over until after Jan 1 2020.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This isn't news (at least to me).

I predicted here that Ms. Barrett would be the nominee to replace Ginsburg many months ago.

She's the most appropriate possible choice.