Author Topic: New York City to Ban Fur Coats, Not Leather or Burgers  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

New York City to Ban Fur Coats, Not Leather or Burgers
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:23:19 am »

New York City to Ban Fur Coats, Not Leather or Burgers
March 31, 2019
Daniel Greenfield

Speaker Corey Johnson, the worst City Council Speaker in New York City's history, has advanced another stupid and terrible idea.

Relates to prohibitions on fur products; prohibits the manufacture, sale, display for sale, trade, giving, donating, or otherwise distributing of a fur product by any means in the state beginning January 1, 2021.

The fur industry is one of the few remnants of New York's rag trade. But who needs jobs. After Amazon, the Dems would like to get rid of the rest of them, from the restaurant industry to the clothing industry.

Maybe everyone left in the city can work for the government or doing CATS in its 300th year.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/273317/new-york-city-ban-fur-coats-not-leather-or-burgers-daniel-greenfield

Offline Applewood

Re: New York City to Ban Fur Coats, Not Leather or Burgers
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:18:26 am »
Another reason to stay out of New York and if you live there, to move. 

I'm curious as to how they will enforce the ban on visitors.  If I were stupid enough to fly to NYC and I was wearing a fur coat, would my coat be confiscated when I arrive?  Or would I simply not be allowed to enter NYC?  Is the city going to employ  armed guards and station them at every point of entry looking for fur coats? 

*****rollingeyes*****