Author Topic: Actress Felicity Huffman and 13 others to plead guilty in college admissions scheme  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Actress Felicity Huffman and 13 others to plead guilty in college admissions scheme
by John Gage
 | April 08, 2019 03:44 PM

Print this article

Actress Felicity Huffman and 13 others will plead guilty for their involvement in a college admissions bribery scheme, prosecutors said Monday.

Huffman will plead guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, according to NBC News. She could spend upwards of 20 years in prison if given the maximum penalty.

Tom Winter
‏Verified account @Tom_Winter
2h2 hours ago

BREAKING / NBC News: Actress Felicity Huffman and 13 others agree to plead guilty in college admissions scandal.

More to come...
35 replies 230 retweets 359 likes

Tom Winter
‏Verified account @Tom_Winter

NBC News: Huffman agrees to plead guilty to the charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud which has a a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, 3 years of supervised release and fines (doubtful she does that much time).
3:00 PM - 8 Apr 2019

Huffman was charged as part of a bribery scheme in which she and several dozen other people paid an admissions counselor to help get their children into elite universities.

Schools ranging from Yale University and Georgetown University to the University of Southern California and Stanford University had students who were involved in the scandal.

Huffman had allegedly paid $15,000 to bribe a proctor to correct wrong answers on her daughter's SAT tests.

Huffman released a statement Monday accepting her culpability in the bribery scheme.

"I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions," Huffman said.

"My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her. This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life," she added.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/actress-felicity-huffman-and-13-others-to-plead-guilty-in-college-admissions-scheme
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34