Author Topic: TV Networks Reject Ads for Anti-Abortion Movie  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TV Networks Reject Ads for Anti-Abortion Movie
« on: March 30, 2019, 03:58:44 pm »
TV Networks Reject Ads for Anti-Abortion Movie

8:52 AM PDT 3/29/2019 by Paul Bond

Commercials for PureFlix's 'Unplanned,' arriving in 1,000 theaters on Friday, have been rejected by Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, HGTV and several other cable networks other than Fox News.

If you haven’t seen a commercial for Unplanned, an anti-abortion movie critical of Planned Parenthood, it isn’t for lack trying on the part of marketers, whose efforts have been consistently rebuffed by TV networks.

Pure Flix, the distributor behind the box office hit God’s Not Dead and other movies aimed a Christians, opens the movie in 1,000 theaters today, but outside of the Fox News Channel, every other mainstream television outlet has declined to air the ad.

Lifetime, for example, told the film’s marketers that they declined to air the commercial due to the “sensitive nature of the film,” the ad buyers tell The Hollywood Reporter. The marketers though, note that the network — which is owned by A&E Networks, a joint venture of Walt Disney and Hearst Communications — previously promoted an interview with Scarlett Johansson where she pitches Planned Parenthood.

The Travel Channel, Cooking Channel, HGTV and Food Network, each of which are owned by Discovery, also refused to sell ad time for Unplanned due to the “sensitive nature” of the movie, say those who tried buying air time.

more
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/networks-reject-ads-anti-abortion-movie-unplanned-1197928
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: TV Networks Reject Ads for Anti-Abortion Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:48:05 pm »
Review: “Unplanned” Stirs My Personal Story
Spoiler Alert: “Unplanned” is a movie about one woman’s journey from abortion activist to pro-life. Watching the premiere stirred a need to share my own personal story.
by Mary Magaline   
March 29, 2019
I thought I was going to write a review of the “Unplanned” movie for you. However, it is more than that with this particular movie. Because I was hearing a lot of uproar about an R rating, I wondered what in the world this movie portrays. It was a Christian movie, right? Surely it would not be that bad, and it was not.

When an R rating is considered, there are elements that are taken into account. From Bear Pause Theater: “R: “Restricted, Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent Or Adult Guardian.” This film definitely contains some adult material. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about this film before they allow their children to accompany them. An R-rated film may include hard language, or tough violence, or nudity within sensual scenes, or drug abuse or other elements. It also may contain a combination of some of the above. Parents are counseled, in advance, to take this advisory rating very seriously.”

Nothing in this movie fit those qualifications. ... This brings me to the conclusion that someone out there does not want young girls to see this movie.

This conclusion was well on its way to being solidified when I got to the theater. Usually, movies they are showing, which are premiering, are shown on the billboard above the theater doors. “Unplanned” was not listed. On the digital screen behind the ticket seller, “Unplanned” would show, and then not be there, at various times as I watched. So, what are they hiding? ...

Abby’s story of aborting her babies was poignant for me, to say the least. In 1996, I visited a Planned Parenthood clinic. I was pregnant with my then boyfriends child, and he did not want him. My reason for aborting my child is that it would be better for him to be dead than to have his own father hate him.

I was told it would not hurt my baby. They showed me a jar with a little white blob and told me that my baby looked just like that. I was 6 weeks pregnant, or so they told me.  ...
Read the entire article

Really? Not even putting the name of the movie on the marquee so that people already at the theater would know for sure it's playing there?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: TV Networks Reject Ads for Anti-Abortion Movie
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:26:59 pm »
Twitter Suspends, Then Quickly Unsuspends Account of Pro-Life Movie ‘Unplanned’ During Release Week
ALLUM BOKHARI
30 Mar 201982
2:18

Conservative figures reacted with outrage earlier today as Twitter suspended the official account of Unplanned during the pro-life movie’s week of release. The account was restored shortly after its suspension, which Twitter said was related to the ban of a different account.  ...

In a comment to Breitbart News, Twitter said that the suspension of Unplanned was an error related to the ban of a different account.

“It wasn’t directly about this account” said Twitter. “When an account violates the Twitter Rules, the system looks for linked accounts to mitigate things like ban evasion. In this case, on a second review, it was clear the account should not be affected by the other account’s suspension.” ...
Full story

Sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org