Author Topic: Trump cuts all direct assistance to Northern Triangle countries Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala  (Read 483 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump cuts all direct assistance to Northern Triangle countries Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala
The stunning development came late Friday night.

By Conor Finnegan Mar 29, 2019 11:30 PM

In a stunning about-face, State Department officials said that President Donald Trump is cutting off all direct assistance to the so-called Northern Triangle countries of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.

“At the Secretary’s instruction, we are carrying out the President’s direction and ending FY [fiscal year] 2017 and FY 2018 foreign assistance programs for the Northern Triangle,” a State Department spokesperson told ABC News, referring to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. “We will be engaging Congress as part of this process.”

These three countries are the primary source of migrants to the U.S., but for years the U.S. has worked with them to stabilize their political environments and economies and end violence and corruption so that migrants wouldn’t leave in the first place.

Trump hinted at the cuts earlier on Friday, telling reporters,”I’ve ended payments to Guatemala, to Honduras, and to El Salvador. No money goes there anymore.”

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-cuts-direct-assistance-honduras-el-salvador-guatemala/story?id=62051082&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_hero_hed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good move which I support.

But this still does nothing to the crisis at the border RIGHT NOW.
Time to get the troops down there, and close it.
CLOSE it !

Worry about the political and economic ramifications afterwards.
But get the border "back under control" first!

Offline skeeter

Good move which I support.

But this still does nothing to the crisis at the border RIGHT NOW.
Time to get the troops down there, and close it.
CLOSE it !

Worry about the political and economic ramifications afterwards.
But get the border "back under control" first!

Trump said he would close the border next week if things don't change. And I don't see how they possibly could change.

Lets hope he's not bluffing.