Author Topic: GOP Rep introduces bill marking Cesar Chavez's birthday as 'National Border Control Day'  (Read 562 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep introduces bill marking Cesar Chavez's birthday as 'National Border Control Day'
By Tal Axelrod - 03/29/19 04:20 PM EDT

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), a hardliner on immigration in Congress, introduced legislation Thursday marking labor and civil rights icon Cesar Chavez’s birthday as “National Border Control Day.”

The bill, submitted to the House Committee on Education and Labor, would cast the designation for Monday, March 31, which would have been Chavez’s 92nd birthday.

The bill comes as Republicans and Democrats find themselves polarized regarding immigration and are debating whether the government should work to curb immigration or grant legal status to undocumented migrants.

“Cesar Chavez’s lifelong work to protect American workers should be echoed and celebrated throughout America,” Gosar said in a statement Friday. “As open border Democrats continue to advocate against securing our southern border, it is critical to remember the damage illegal immigration does to legal American workers.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/436513-gop-rep-introduces-bill-marking-cesar-chavezs-birthday-as-national-border
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Then Gosar said we should make MLKjr's assassination date National White Pride Day.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then Gosar said we should make MLKjr's assassination date National White Pride Day.

If that is a joke, it's a very poor one. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

If that is a joke, it's a very poor one.
I laughed like a MF when I came up with it. wink777

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I laughed like a MF when I came up with it. wink777

In that light. I am forced to admit I did too.  From the gut.  Shhh!  don't tell anybody.  It'll ruin my reputation.

888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

In that light. I am forced to admit I did too.  From the gut.  Shhh!  don't tell anybody.  It'll ruin my reputation.

888mouth

I'll wait until you're famous or nominated to the SCOTUS to come forward with it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll wait until you're famous or nominated to the SCOTUS to come forward with it.

I'm already on the path to Fame and Glory!!

:happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, except for the part where Chavez was decidedly anti-illegal-immigration.

Well, except for the part where Chavez was decidedly anti-illegal-immigration.
lo siento @Sanguine.  I didn't even realize I insulted anti-illegal-immigration icon Cesar Chavez.  Thank you for point that out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
lo siento @Sanguine.  I didn't even realize I insulted anti-illegal-immigration icon Cesar Chavez.  Thank you for point that out.

De nada.