Author Topic: Two black candidates for Savannah’s mayor attend meeting that bars white reporters  (Read 500 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.savannahnow.com/news/20190327/two-black-candidates-for-savannahs-mayor-attend-meeting-that-bars-white-reporters

by Eric Curl
March 27, 2019

With signs stating “Black press only” on the doors of the church where the meeting was held, white reporters were barred from entry, while black reporters for at least two television stations were permitted inside.

While notes were allowed, photos, video and audio recordings were prohibited during the event, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL who was allowed entry.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

While notes were allowed, photos, video and audio recordings were prohibited during the event, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL who was allowed entry.

(excerpt)

I would rather hear a story about how Stephen Moody refused to enter a venue that barred anyone because of the color of their skin.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:45:29 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would rather hear a story about how Stephen Moody refused to enter a venue that barred anyone because of the color of their skin.

Just another story of "putting one over on the man."  Moody is proud he got in, not merely pleased.  Welcome to the 21st post-Obastard Century.  He set race relations back 150 years, to Reconstruction.  It will take a long, long time to get us back up to where we were in 2008.  I hope not, but we may have to fight the full-scale race war Charlie Manson and Jussie Smollett wanted to trigger.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am betting drunken neekid white wimmins reporters would have been allowed in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I found their Bookface page, and I asked them that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

I found their Bookface page, and I asked them that.

Let me know how that went.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let me know how that went.

Static.  I did not expect any better.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.