Author Topic: Chicago: A cop arresting a drug suspect was threatened by a mob until he released him  (Read 446 times)

rangerrebew

Chicago: A cop arresting a drug suspect was threatened by a mob until he released him

John SextonPosted at 2:41 pm on March 28, 2019

This actually happened last week but it’s such an incredible story I think it’s still worth highlighting. Two Chicago cops saw someone on a corner selling drugs to someone in a car. This was early in the afternoon, not the dead of night. The officers rolled up and attempted to arrest the suspected dealer and that’s when things spiraled in a disturbing direction:

See Also: Was Mueller’s punt on obstruction payback for getting strung along on Trump interview?

Police who had viewed the body camera footage told me one officer dealt with the suspect and another stood a few feet away, watching a bystander who was making threats.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/28/chicago-cop-arresting-drug-suspect-threatened-mob-released/

rangerrebew

If I had been the cop I would have done the same thing.  After the Smollett fiasco, risking my hide for the city would be the last thing on my mind.  When prosecution of crimes depends on how well politically connected a person is, I wouldn't risk injury or death  either. :thumbsdown:

Offline LMAO

Illinois is being dragged down by one city
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I had been the cop I would have done the same thing.  After the Smollett fiasco, risking my hide for the city would be the last thing on my mind.  When prosecution of crimes depends on how well politically connected a person is, I wouldn't risk injury or death  either. :thumbsdown:

Sure...let him go.  Then get a warrant and arrest his ass when there isn't a mob.  Get warrants for the most dangerous members of the mob, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Sure...let him go.  Then get a warrant and arrest his ass when there isn't a mob.  Get warrants for the most dangerous members of the mob, too.
I'm guessing all the cops have video cameras on them now.  They should review those videos and go back and arrest every single sob who threatened them. If a few of them, the rioters, get shot, no loss.
This country is going to have to deal with the black mob/criminality problem sooner or later or abandon all large cities. Black criminality is the single biggest problem with the U.S.

Offline dfwgator

Whatever happened to "The Chicago Way"?