Author Topic: Spit Take Jake: Tapper Says 'I Don't Know Anybody Who Got Anything Wrong' on Russia  (Read 348 times)

rangerrebew

Spit Take Jake: Tapper Says 'I Don't Know Anybody Who Got Anything Wrong' on Russia
By Mark Finkelstein | March 31, 2019 12:16 PM EDT

CNN State of the Union host Jake Tapper poses as a Just the Facts Man, but his command of the facts vanished on Sunday. When Trump's chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said the " media got it wrong for so long" speculating on collusion in the Mueller investigation, Tapper offered the spit take that "I'm not sure what you're saying the media got wrong....Other than the people in the media on the left, not on this network, I don't know anybody who got anything wrong."

Put aside the lyrics of CNN and the "MSM." The music of the Mueller probe was always dark and ominous, and that was wrong for very long.

On the facts, Tapper should at least know about CNN's whoppers, especially ones with his name on them. Let's recall Washington Post media blogger Erik Wemple noting Tapper and three others wrongly predicted what former FBI director James Comey would tell Congress that he didn't reassure Trump he wasn't under investigation. "CNN assigned four reporters to inaccurately predict testimony that was coming in a matter of hours." Wemple called that "stupid news."

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2019/03/31/tapper-mueller-cnn-not-left-dont-know-anything-msm-got-wrong