Author Topic: Alex Jones blames ‘psychosis’ for his Sandy Hook conspiracy theory  (Read 658 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones blamed a personal “psychosis” for spreading the theory that the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax, he said in a court deposition.

Jones made the remarks in his response to a lawsuit filed against him by the family of a 6-year-old who was among the 20 children slain in the Sandy Hook attack, the Austin American-Statesman reported.....

https://nypost.com/2019/03/30/alex-jones-blames-psychosis-for-his-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory/

Offline NavyCanDo

Amazing how many people he brainwashes to believing all these conspiracies
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online The_Reader_David

Okay, if he (1) publicly shows he's now taking anti-psychotic medications and while on them not only (2) stops spreading insane conspiracy theories, but (3) either changes his line of work or becomes a reliable news source, I, for one, will accept his excuse.  Failing on any of the three and I'm calling BS (yes, even if he meets criterion (1)).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Applewood

Amazing how many people he brainwashes to believing all these conspiracies

Not sure Jones brainwashes all the conspiracy believers.  I think there are people who cannot accept a certain event, particularly a major tragedy like Sandy Hook, so they look for alternate reality to make sense of the senseless.  To them the concept of someone going into an elementary school and killing innocent children is too much for them to fathom.  So they want to believe it never happened.  Jones is tapping into that particular audience.

Then there are those whom think the government and others are "after them."    Again, Jones makes money by feeding their paranoia. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Remember also that Jones had already admitted in court that he is, for all intents and purposes, a 'BS Artist' and what he does is 'Performance Art', not real.

It still is amazing how many people are duped by him and those like him. They want to beeeeeelive.

Offline goatprairie

Not sure Jones brainwashes all the conspiracy believers.  I think there are people who cannot accept a certain event, particularly a major tragedy like Sandy Hook, so they look for alternate reality to make sense of the senseless.  To them the concept of someone going into an elementary school and killing innocent children is too much for them to fathom.  So they want to believe it never happened.  Jones is tapping into that particular audience.

Then there are those whom think the government and others are "after them."    Again, Jones makes money by feeding their paranoia.
Remember that story about Islamic leaders blaming Israel for the massacre?   I was on one far right website where some of the people/commenters agreed with the Islamo-nut and some others said the massacre didn't happen.
Many people cannot accept facts even if it's staring them in the eyes.