Author Topic: Rahm Emanuel says Chicago will send Smollett a bill  (Read 451 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rahm Emanuel says Chicago will send Smollett a bill
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:01:41 pm »
Rahm Emanuel says Chicago will send Smollett a bill
By John Bowden - 03/28/19 12:47 PM EDT

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) said Thursday that city officials will be sending actor Jussie Smollett a bill after 16 charges against the "Empire" star were dropped earlier this week.

In an interview with WGN Radio, Emanuel said city officials deserved to know exactly what happened the night of Smollett's alleged assault.

"He is charged with 16 counts for creating a hoax about a hate crime. He walks out, says, 'I'm innocent.' They say, 'No, he's guilty, the police work was good,'" Emanuel said.

"Now, you can't be both on the same case. So to me, was he or was he not guilty of a hoax, or was there a hate crime committed? Yes or no, it's a very simple question," he added. "There's no sense of contrite. No remorse."

Emanuel went on to say that his office would direct the city's corporation council to analyze costs associated with the investigation and take action against Smollett.

"The police are right now finalizing the cost that was used of police resources to come to the understanding that in fact this was a hoax," he said.

"We will then send a letter to Jussie Smollett and his attorney trying to recoup those costs," Emanuel said, adding that the actor's $10,000 bond didn't "even come close to what the city spent in resources."

Emanuel declined to say whether he would consider directing city attorneys to sue Smollett in court with the hopes of recouping the cost, though he did note that an attorney for the city considered Smollett's promise to complete community service as an admission of guilt in the matter.

Smollett told reporters this week at a press conference that he was innocent of the accusations against after the charges against him were dropped.

“I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I was accused of," he said. “I am a man of faith and I am a man that has knowledge of my history and I would not bring my family, our lives or the movement through a fire like this. I just wouldn’t."

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/436275-chicago-mayor-says-city-will-be-sending-smollett-a-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Rahm Emanuel says Chicago will send Smollett a bill
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:00 pm »
Who thinks Emanuel and the police chief, are simply completing a pre-arranged drama?

"Youg uys go ahead and complaiin. It makes it look authentic. But he still gets off."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:43:05 pm »
Who thinks Emanuel and the police chief, are simply completing a pre-arranged drama?

"Youg uys go ahead and complaiin. It makes it look authentic. But he still gets off."

Well, when I watched the presser with the chief, it appeared to me his stifled outrage was real. 

Now Emanuel -- the more I think about it, the more I suspect his outrage might be phony.  Emanuel has close ties to the Obamas.  The Obamas are alleged to have used some influence to get Smollett off.    I find it n hard to believe that under those circumstances, Emanuel would not have been involved. 

Unless Emanuel is mad that he wasn't included in the scheme and didn't get any money out of it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 07:55:28 pm »
They should be out looking for the real killer.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »
Hasn't he been victimized enough?????   888cryingkitty

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:58:16 pm »
The way I see it, every minute spend on this hoax was a minute not spent investigating some real crime.
The people of Chicago have been ripped off by this guy.
If they won't prosecute, skin him in a civil suit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis