Author Topic: Supreme Court won't stop Trump administration's bump stock ban  (Read 458 times)

Offline libertybele

Not good.  9999hair out0000

Supreme Court won't stop Trump administration's bump stock ban

The Supreme Court will not stop the Trump administration's ban on bump stocks from going into effect, it was announced on Thursday.

The ban on bump stocks was announced by the Justice Department in December and took effect on Tuesday. On Monday, the Supreme Court was considering an emergency request from Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners Foundation and the Virginia Citizens Defense League to stay the ban while cases challenging it were appealed..............

Chief Justice John Roberts denied a request to temporarily delay the ban on bump stocks on Tuesday, but another request to delay the ban was still pending with Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

Bump stocks are devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supreme-court-wont-stop-trump-administrations-bump-stock-ban/ar-BBVlB0C?li=BBnbcA1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Supreme Court won't stop Trump administration's bump stock ban
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:40:41 pm »
I hope someone who has a bump stock currently in his possession finds out why the federal government requiring him to destroy it is not an unconstitutional taking.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:41:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 12:57:27 am »
I hope someone who has a bump stock currently in his possession finds out why the federal government requiring him to destroy it is not an unconstitutional taking.

I hope for his sake its not still in his possession as the ban took place Tuesday at midnight.

And it was tried by Clark Aposhian.

Clark Aposhian, chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council, argued in court papers that the ban on the shooting accessory — which alters semi-automatic rifles to fire in quick bursts like a machine gun — is unconstitutional.

He had asked U.S. District Judge Jill Parrish to grant an injunction and press pause on the bump stock ban until his lawsuit is resolved. Aposhian’s attorneys wrote in court papers that he has been instructed to destroy his bump stock — or give it to federal firearm officials — by next Tuesday.

But Parrish on Friday denied Aposhian’s request, finding that Aposhian did not show “a substantial likelihood of success” on the merits of his lawsuit. He filed a notice of appeal to the 10th Circuit Court on Monday.

Parrish acknowledged in her ruling that Aposhian will suffer harm by being forced to destroy or give up a bump stock that will be impossible to replace. But she wrote that it’s unlikely that Aposhian will succeed in challenging the validity of the ban.

Parrish’s ruling does not outright dismiss Aposhian’s lawsuit, but it means the gun enthusiast and others like him who own bump stocks will have to give up the shooting accessory before the March 26 deadline

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:42:26 am »
I hope for his sake its not still in his possession as the ban took place Tuesday at midnight.

And it was tried by Clark Aposhian.

I hope Mr. Aposhian has the will and resources to pursue this all the way to the top!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
@Jazzhead

Would you please be kind enough to explain to me how requiring the manufacturers of items that were perfectly legal until recently to destroy their property without compensation is legal?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 05:48:37 pm »
That's the failings of our system. Its legal until proven otherwise.