Author Topic: Pelosi, Dems unveil bill to bind Trump to Paris climate accord  (Read 608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, Dems unveil bill to bind Trump to Paris climate accord
By Mike Lillis and Miranda Green - 03/27/19 02:39 PM EDT

House Democrats on Wednesday unveiled long-awaited legislation designed to reduce carbon emissions and take on climate change by binding the United States to commitments made under the Obama-era Paris climate accord.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) joined other Democrats in releasing the legislative package in the Capitol, framing climate change as "an existential threat" and promising that the party will move the legislation quickly to the floor.

“The American people know that the … crisis is an existential threat of our generation, of our time, a crisis manifested in natural disasters of epic proportions,” she said.

The five-page bill known as the Climate Action Now Act aims to block President Trump from pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement reached by the U.S. and other world powers in 2015 under former President Obama. Under the bill, Trump would also have to submit a new plan to Congress outlining how the U.S. will continue to meet the goals established in the Paris agreement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/436088-pelosi-dems-unveil-bill-to-bind-trump-to-paris-climate-accord
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Pelosi, Dems unveil bill to bind Trump to Paris climate accord
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:36:47 pm »
The House leads now on treaties, not the Executive and not the Senate?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 08:35:20 pm »
 the Paris climate agreement was strictly between Obama and the other signatories.  the Senate rejected the treaty so the USA never signed it.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 01:23:29 am »
Once again Progressives are counting on the collective stupidity of their voting base on where treaties are approved.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 01:26:57 am »
Pissing in the wind.  As usual.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:46 am »
Pissing in the wind.  As usual.

It does make you laugh though - the "political genius" Pelosi strong-armed passage of cap-and-trade in 2009, contributing to losing the House in 2010, when Reid apparently never had any intention of acting on it in his filibuster-proof Senate. Now she's reduced to pathetic empty gestures that accomplish nothing more than getting AOC off her back for a few days...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »
The climate change nonsense is a sham.

What is worse is that the key leaders here in the USA intended to get super rich off of the faux crisis, i.e. Al Gore and Barry Sotero Obama.

The whole thing is criminal, but these people get away with crimes and answer to no one because our DOJ is as corrupt as a banana republic.