Author Topic: Barbara Bush said 'angst' over Trump caused heart problems, new book reveals  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Barbara Bush said 'angst' over Trump caused heart problems, new book reveals
NBC, Mar 27, 2019

Barbara Bush so fiercely disliked President Donald Trump that she blamed him for what she called a heart attack and, by the end of her life, she no longer considered herself a Republican.

"I'd probably say no today," she told USA Today's Susan Page in an October 2017 interview on whether she was still a Republican.

Those were excerpts, released Wednesday, of an upcoming Bush biography by Page, who spoke with the former first lady extensively in the final months of her life. Bush died last April  and her husband, 41st President George H.W. Bush, died in November.

The book, "The Matriarch," detailed Barbara Bush's long-standing dislike for Trump, which went back decades. In diary entries from the 1990s, which the former first lady made available to Page, she described Trump as "greedy, selfish, and ugly." By 2016, she was "dismayed by the nation's divisions and by the direction of the party she had worked for, and for so long."

More:  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/new-barbara-bush-biography-details-dislike-trump-n987816

Online rustynail

Hate destroys the vessel that carries it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In diary entries from the 1990s, which the former first lady made available to Page, she described Trump as "greedy, selfish, and ugly

Hmmm... I hope we see what Babs wrote in her diary regarding baby Neil and Silverado.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, this is what the media is digging up now that Mueller didn't properly destroy Trump?

Offline Victoria33

Bookmark

Offline skeeter

Hate destroys the vessel that carries it.

Indeed.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmark 🔖
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Barbara Bush said 'angst' over Trump caused heart problems, new book reveals
NBC, Mar 27, 2019

Barbara Bush so fiercely disliked President Donald Trump that she blamed him for what she called a heart attack and, by the end of her life, she no longer considered herself a Republican.

@Right_in_Virginia

Now I am pissed at Trump for not showing up decades earlier,because make no mistake about it,Babs WAS the master mind behind the Bush Crime Family Dynasty.

"I'd probably say no today," she told USA Today's Susan Page in an October 2017 interview on whether she was still a Republican.

Gimme a break. The ONLY reason that family was ever Republican was because they wanted to run for office and all the Dim slots were already taken,so it was either run as a Republican or not run at all. IF they had been able to remain in the northeast after the treason conviction of Prescott Bush during WW-2 became known,you can be sure they would have been Dims

Those were excerpts, released Wednesday, of an upcoming Bush biography by Page, who spoke with the former first lady extensively in the final months of her life. Bush died last April  and her husband, 41st President George H.W. Bush, died in November.

White trash with money is still white trash. Good riddance to both traitors.

The book, "The Matriarch," detailed Barbara Bush's long-standing dislike for Trump, which went back decades. In diary entries from the 1990s, which the former first lady made available to Page, she described Trump as "greedy, selfish, and ugly."

Sounds like he refused to cut them in on a deal.

By 2016, she was "dismayed by the nation's divisions and by the direction of the party she had worked for, and for so long."

Yeah,and JEB being spanked by the voters for being the little bitch that he is had nothing to do with it,huh? Given that Boy Jorge and George Sr were out of the picture,and with Jebs loss meant they were down to Baby Brudder "Ah doan no nuttin bout no bankin" Bush being the next one in line and the Brown Bush Brigade still being a generation removed from power,it was over for her.

She was probably one of the most evil bitches of the 20th Century.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

W convinced me that the Bushes never were republicans.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
W convinced me that the Bushes never were republicans.

@jpsb

It was George Sr that convinced me. What a backstabbing bitch HE turned out to be!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know what either of you are talking about.  All the Bushes are completely establishment Republicans.  Now if you had said that they were never conservative, that I could agree with.

Offline GrouchoTex

So this is nonsense.
A local reporter here in Houston, well known, named Shara Fryer interview Barbara Bush right before the 2016 election.
Barbara Bush told Fryer that she thought Trump would win the presidency.
Fryer notes that Barbara said it without malice, just mater-of-fact style.
It didn't sound to Fryer like Bush was upset at all about the prospect.

Also, note that the person who wrote this article, also wrote the book, so there's a little bit of that going on here, as well.

Online mountaineer

Politics is not worth making oneself ill. I would have encouraged Mrs. Bush to read a book, visit with her grandchildren, play with the dogs - anything more productive than hating the president or any other person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't know what either of you are talking about.  All the Bushes are completely establishment Republicans.  Now if you had said that they were never conservative, that I could agree with.

I agree with @jpsb  and @sneakypete. The R was a convenience.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Isn't that what GOP-E means?

Offline berdie

Absolutely true, @Sanguine .  And there are a lot of those Rs that claim to be conservative in the government. It ain't a new thing. The Bushes weren't horrible people or monsters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Absolutely true, @Sanguine .  And there are a lot of those Rs that claim to be conservative in the government. It ain't a new thing. The Bushes weren't horrible people or monsters.

@berdie

You mean other than the treason for profit stuff,and pimping out the US military to Muslim nations in return for bags of cash thing,right?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Isn't that what GOP-E means?

Yeah. Same as RINO. But I don't think of the Bush's as Americans.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline berdie

@berdie

You mean other than the treason for profit stuff,and pimping out the US military to Muslim nations in return for bags of cash thing,right?

And I'm sure that is something new that hasn't happened with any other president, from both parties?  Forgive me, I'm a cynic. @sneakypete

Offline skeeter

The republican rank & file need to understand that there are a great many republican congresspeople in DC who belong to the party for NO other reason than the only available open seat happened to be in a republican district.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

And I'm sure that is something new that hasn't happened with any other president, from both parties?  Forgive me, I'm a cynic. @sneakypete

@berdie

If it has,name them. Name ONE president that has gone into business with the Chinese after heading the CIA and being President. Name ONE President that basically rented out the US military to destroy our only ally in the Muslim world in order to strengthen Islamic fundamentalism.

Offline berdie

@berdie

If it has,name them. Name ONE president that has gone into business with the Chinese after heading the CIA and being President. Name ONE President that basically rented out the US military to destroy our only ally in the Muslim world in order to strengthen Islamic fundamentalism.

Well, @sneakypete , you know I can't and don't intend to do an extensive study on it.:)

The point I am trying to make is that all politicians and presidents use their power ...even it it is with a foreign country. Can you prove this wrong?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Well, @sneakypete , you know I can't and don't intend to do an extensive study on it.:)

The point I am trying to make is that all politicians and presidents use their power ...even it it is with a foreign country. Can you prove this wrong?

@berdie

How many of them use their power for personal power and profits to the detriment of the country?

I realize you are trying to provide cover for the Bush Crime Family,but that's your problem,not mine.

Online libertybele

Politics is not worth making oneself ill. I would have encouraged Mrs. Bush to read a book, visit with her grandchildren, play with the dogs - anything more productive than hating the president or any other person.

Exactly.  She supposedly had such a large, warm and loving family and husband, why would she truly give a rat's pituti about Trump?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is like the civil war threads, been there, done that.... I don't think anyone is going to come out of this with a different opinion... everyone is welcomed to their views of course. I think a lot of us had high hopes for Dubya. I honestly do not know enough about HRW really, he was only one term and a lot of that time was devoted to Desert Storm.

I mean, now, I'm a bit older, maybe time moves quickly, it's hard to think we are having another election already next year.