Author Topic: Biden criticizes ‘white man’s culture,’ role in Hill hearing  (Read 761 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden criticizes ‘white man’s culture,’ role in Hill hearing
Associated Press, Mar 27, 2019

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Vice President Joe Biden condemned “a white man’s culture” as he lashed out at violence against women and, more specifically, lamented his role in the Supreme Court confirmation hearings that undermined Anita Hill’s credibility nearly three decades ago.

Biden, a Democratic presidential prospect who often highlights his white working-class roots, said Hill, who is black, should not have been forced to face a panel of “a bunch of white guys” about her sexual harassment allegations against Clarence Thomas.

“To this day I regret I couldn’t come up with a way to give her the kind of hearing she deserved,” he said Tuesday night, echoing comments he delivered last fall as the nation debated sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh amid his Supreme Court confirmation hearing. “I wish I could have done something.”

Biden’s role in the 1991 Thomas confirmation hearings is among his many political challenges as he considers making a 2020 bid for the presidency. Should he run, he would be among a handful of white men in a Democratic presidential field that features several women and minorities.

His comments about Hill drew swift condemnation on social media, with many noting he was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time of the hearing.

“It literally does not matter what else Biden says about sexual assault if he cannot acknowledge his own culpability in putting a sexual assaulter on the Supreme Court and then pretending for years like he was powerless to stop it,” tweeted Jessica Morales Rocketto, a former aide to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign who now serves as the political director for the National Domestic Workers Alliance.

More:  https://apnews.com/73e70d011191490d839683b1fc89363f

Offline rustynail

There goes Joe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I am so sick of the puling eunuchs criticizing or apologizing for their whiteness.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Joe forgot to mention the best part of that incident -  that he and the old white guys on his side of the aisle were trying to perform a high tech lynching of a black man.

'Liberal white man's culture', maybe.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:26:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline Millee

Pander much, Joe??   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Uhhh...have you looked in a  mirror, Joe?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Uhhh...have you looked in a  mirror, Joe?

I'm sure he has and he's come to the conclusion that the only way he can win is to use identity politics, pick his target (whiteness AKA western civilization) and freeze it, and deny that he thinks like a white man, whatever that means.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden criticizes ‘white man’s culture,’ role in Hill hearing
Associated Press, Mar 27, 2019

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Vice President Joe Biden condemned “a white man’s culture” as he lashed out at violence against women and, more specifically, lamented his role in the Supreme Court confirmation hearings that undermined Anita Hill’s credibility nearly three decades ago.

Biden, a Democratic presidential prospect who often highlights his white working-class roots, said Hill, who is black, should not have been forced to face a panel of “a bunch of white guys” about her sexual harassment allegations against Clarence Thomas.

“To this day I regret I couldn’t come up with a way to give her the kind of hearing she deserved,” he said Tuesday night, echoing comments he delivered last fall as the nation debated sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh amid his Supreme Court confirmation hearing. “I wish I could have done something.”

Biden’s role in the 1991 Thomas confirmation hearings is among his many political challenges as he considers making a 2020 bid for the presidency. Should he run, he would be among a handful of white men in a Democratic presidential field that features several women and minorities.

His comments about Hill drew swift condemnation on social media, with many noting he was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time of the hearing.

“It literally does not matter what else Biden says about sexual assault if he cannot acknowledge his own culpability in putting a sexual assaulter on the Supreme Court and then pretending for years like he was powerless to stop it,” tweeted Jessica Morales Rocketto, a former aide to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign who now serves as the political director for the National Domestic Workers Alliance.

More:  https://apnews.com/73e70d011191490d839683b1fc89363f

It's just a matter of time before Uncle Joe realizes he is really a cross-dressing transgender multi-racial being who has been suppressed and victimized by the system for decades.

I bet he is even rehearsing how to properly say "Ah feel yore pain!" while wiping a few tears from his eyes.

All he needs to do to finish it off is to announce his running mate will be Goober Gore,and that Goober will be in charge of energy and he has a lock on it. Goober is even dumber than he is,which is really taking in some territory,so chances are NOBODY will even want to assassinate him.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm sure he has and he's come to the conclusion that the only way he can win is to use identity politics, pick his target (whiteness AKA western civilization) and freeze it, and deny that he thinks like a white man, whatever that means.

@Sanguine

Let's be fair,here. "Thinking" is the one thing no one has ever accused Uncle Joe of doing. He just doesn't know how to do it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Let's be fair,here. "Thinking" is the one thing no one has ever accused Uncle Joe of doing. He just doesn't know how to do it.

Oh, I disagree strongly with that.  Biden has been one of the most successful promoters of self of all time.  He is very good at hiding who he is and maintaining that "Uncle Joe" crap.   

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Lmao, this crap is beyond parody at this point.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, I disagree strongly with that.  Biden has been one of the most successful promoters of self of all time.  He is very good at hiding who he is and maintaining that "Uncle Joe" crap.

@Sanguine

I am not saying he doesn't have VERY smart handlers,but IMO he is nothing more than a creature called up from central casting because he looked the part,and is mindless enough to just blindly follow orders.

He is still several orders of magnitude smarter than Goober,though. I will always think Bubba picked Goober for his VP because he knew Goober was too stupid to understand anything well enough to cause him trouble.  Say what you will about Bubba,but he was one of the smartest men to ever occupy the WH.  Evil as evil can be,but smart.

Offline bilo

What the heck is so bad about western civilization, after all that's what this condemnation of "white privilege" is all about.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

Another stupid comment from the bat crap crazy brigade.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

What the heck is so bad about western civilization, after all that's what this condemnation of "white privilege" is all about.

It must be all of those advancements in literature, architecture, art, science, self-government, philosophy, and the expansion of human potential and life expectancy that really pisses them off.   

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It must be all of those advancements in literature, architecture, art, science, self-government, philosophy, and the expansion of human potential and life expectancy that really pisses them off.

That and the recognition that we are individuals, with rights granted us by G-d and not the state, and do not exist solely to benefit the state.

That is exactly what Biden is "lashing out" against.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:32:10 pm by Sanguine »

Offline berdie

I guess I'm goofy...but why try to ride high on something that happened in the 1990's???

Offline skeeter

Careful - asking that exact question got Steve King in deep doodoo.

Offline rustynail

About the only failing of  ‘white man’s culture’ is some have been too tolerant of your gropey ways Joe.