Author Topic: Appeals court clears path for Pentagon to enforce transgender ban April 12  (Read 182 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Appeals court clears path for Pentagon to enforce transgender ban April 12
The Hill, Mar 26, 2019

A federal appeals court finalized Tuesday its ruling to lift an injunction against President Trump’s transgender military ban, allowing the policy to take effect April 12 as planned.

The Pentagon announced this month it will enforce a policy banning most transgender people from serving in the military starting April 12.

The announcement came after courts ruled to lift all four injunctions that had been placed on the ban. But the Trump administration and transgender groups continued to fight over whether one of the injunctions remained in effect.

Lawyers for transgender troops suing the administration argued the injunction was still in force because the D.C. Circuit’s January ruling lifting it allowed for a period of time for the plaintiffs to decide whether they want a rehearing in front of the court’s full bench. The deadline to decide is March 29.

More:  https://thehill.com/policy/defense/435945-appeals-court-clears-path-for-pentagon-to-enforce-transgender-ban-april-12

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien