Author Topic: Rush: Despicable! Pelosi Says the Attorney General Can’t Be Trusted  (Read 557 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Despicable! Pelosi Says the Attorney General Can’t Be Trusted

Mar 26, 2019

RUSH: Nancy Pelosi has told Democrats that the new attorney general, William Barr, cannot be trusted. He was just confirmed as attorney general. And here is the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, saying to her Democrat caucus that William Barr cannot be trusted and that the Democrats must see the entire Mueller report because they are convinced somehow that there’s going to be evidence of collusion in there, despite Mueller saying he couldn’t find any and despite Barr saying that he couldn’t find any after looking at the Mueller report.

Now, federal laws and guidelines do not mandate that reports from independent counsels be released publicly. That’s a decision made by people involved. But to say that the attorney general cannot be trusted. This is an ongoing effort by the Democrat Party to continue to undermine the American people’s faith not only in the Trump administration, but in our government at large.

After just spending two years supporting an effort that ripped this nation’s heart apart, the Democrats are continuing because, as I pointed out yesterday, they are a bunch of spoiled little children, and they just can’t accept losing. When they lose, they have to continue to throw temper tantrums and destroy as much as they can get their hands on, including the United States Constitution, the American system of justice, and the overall American system of government.

It is under assault by these people, who continue to be rejected by facts, they continue to be rejected by the American people. And that is what has them so irritated.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is despicable. This is destructive, and it’s typical of today’s leftists in the Democrat Party. Pelosi telling Democrats — and not just Democrats. She’s telling the American people — the attorney general, William Barr, can’t be trusted. My gosh how long ago they loved Mueller, and they loved Avenatti. Do you realize Avenatti can’t even find a lawyer to defend him now in these two cases? CNN, Little Brian Stelter actually spent something like — well, it was six months ago. CNN had a serious discussion of presidential prospects with Michael Avenatti. Little Brian Stelter did the interview.

So not long ago, all of these characters — the FBI top leadership, Department of Justice, Clapper, Brennan, they were heroes. Everybody loved them. They were great. Now all of a sudden Mueller is hiding the truth? If Pelosi says to Democrats and the American people that we can’t trust the new attorney general, we need to see the full report, wouldn’t Mueller say something?

Okay. Mueller files a report, as required by law. He sends it to the attorney general. William Barr takes a couple days to read it, then writes on Sunday, releases a two-page summary in which he concludes no evidence of collusion whatsoever and there never was any evidence ’cause there never was any collusion. And he leaves the question open about obstruction of justice, and Barr says, “Guess what? I’ve looked at it. I can’t find any.”

If Barr cannot be trusted and if Barr is lying about what’s in the Mueller report, then why the hell hasn’t Mueller said something. Wouldn’t Mueller come out and say and say, “Hey, wait a minute. My report doesn’t say that. My report says there’s collusion. I don’t know what the attorney general’s talking about.”

But Mueller’s not doing that. Mueller is continuing to stay quiet because he must. The prosecutor, when there are no charges, prosecutors can’t speak. Well, if we follow guidelines. You know why? Because in America, you are not guilty until you are proven guilty. The presumption is innocence.

So you have a two-year investigation of Trump. If they don’t find anything, they can’t announce, “We didn’t find anything, but we think he did it.” They can’t do that. You’re not allowed to impugn and defame a target who you have thus claimed we have no evidence against.

So Mueller can’t say anything. But I’ll guarantee you this. If William Barr were misrepresenting what Mueller wrote, I’ll guaran-damn-tee that you Mueller would be out correcting the record. But Mueller isn’t saying anything, is he? So I guess Barr is not misrepresenting what’s in the Mueller report. It seems to me that Pelosi and the other Democrats are questioning Robert Mueller’s integrity all of a sudden! He was a hero. He was the guy in whom they invested everything, and he didn’t give them what they wanted.

So now, he’s nothing but dirt, and William Barr is nothing but dirt. Earlier today I was imagining being in the position of the Democrats and how in a matter of one day, their entire world has been turned upside down. Their pathway to win the presidency in 2020 involving impeaching Trump or continuing to impugn him and drive his numbers down, just blew up in their faces. Virtually every aspect of every plan that they had to emerge victorious on the day after the election in 2020 just blew up in their faces.

And they are left with nothing but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar running the Jewish vote right out of the Democrat Party. What do they have? They’ve got people like Adam Schiff, who won’t wise up and go away and shut up. He wants to continue to be the face of the insanity of the Democrat Party. Ditto Pelosi. They can’t give it up. You know they’re gonna go further now. I predict that within a week, Trump’s approval numbers are gonna bump up two to four points. I think it’s gonna happen. When that happens, they’re gonna go even more bonkers.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/03/26/despicable-pelosi-says-the-attorney-general-cant-be-trusted/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline conservativevoter

Does ANYONE have a clue just HOW the alleged interference in our election was to have taken place?  The nearest thing to that that I saw was when BO was having a conference with someone and reached over to pat the Russian on his knee saying that "I'll have more time as soon as I'm elected to change things."  And I guess he did wink777

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
**nononono*

They will never stop.

There is nothing too low for them to stoop to.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Far be it for the Democrats to permit the nation to heal.   The scab must be picked at, and picked at again, until the body politic is infected.   

Let's not forget that the imprimatur of the determination that Trump would not be indicted for obstruction of justice included Rod Rosenstein.    The charge that Barr is politically biased is refuted by the fact that Rosenstein joined him in his conclusion. 

It's easy to see why Mueller did what he did.   He noted there was evidence tending to both favor and disfavor the obstruction of justice.  On the one hand, and most critically from the standpoint of Barr and Rosenstein,  Trump did nothing to hinder the ability of the probe to operate.   He did not limit where it could go, and did not replace Rosenstein.  He submitted written answers to questions under oath.  But at the same time,  he continually referred to the probe as a witch hunt,  and actively rallied the public to oppose the investigation.   Is the latter obstruction of justice?     There's inherently a political element here,  and not one Muller felt a mandate to decide.   So the final call was deliberately left to the DOJ.     

As Ken Starr has pointed out,  this gives the Dems room to make political mischief,   and they will do so with abandon.   Like I said,  they do not want the nation to heal;  division if not outright enmity within the community of Americans is their means to an end.   

But if truth is the ultimate defense,  then Trump holds a top card.  It appears that there was, in fact, a witch hunt,  a fundamental corruption in the chain of decisions that led members of the prior Administration to surveil the opposition party's candidate for President,  and resolve to delegitimize his victory.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:04:21 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Despicable! Pelosi Says the Attorney General Can’t Be Trusted

Mar 26, 2019

@mystery-ak

Barr should accept that for the high praise it is,and shout it from the rooftops. If I were he,I would have it as the letterhead on all my stationary.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
But Mueller’s not doing that. Mueller is continuing to stay quiet because he must. The prosecutor, when there are no charges, prosecutors can’t speak. Well, if we follow guidelines. You know why? Because in America, you are not guilty until you are proven guilty. The presumption is innocence.

Correct.   Except the Dems insist that the presumption doesn't apply to the President.   They seek to mine the raw information compiled by the investigators and decide for themselves how to parcel it out to the voters as evidence of Trump's "wrongdoing".    They will not let the special counsel's work stand for what it is, because (like the 2016 election itself) they don't like the result.  And so, as always, they seek to bend and change the rules.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide