Author Topic: Rush: Leftist Privilege Saves Jussie Smollett  (Read 408 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Leftist Privilege Saves Jussie Smollett
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:00:53 pm »

Leftist Privilege Saves Jussie Smollett

Mar 26, 2019

RUSH: The police chief in Chicago is furious. The police superintendent, Eddie Johnson, who announced these charges against Smollett in the first place. If you’re just turning on the radio, the Chicago DA, the state attorney, Kim Foxx, who had recused herself from this case, has announced that charges against Jussie Smollett have been dropped, and the police were not consulted. They didn’t know.

He has paid them $10,000. She’s saying (paraphrasing), “Well, he was only gonna get community service if he was found guilty. He’s already done some great community service, and so we are dropping the charges and his record will be expunged,” and this just happened moments ago this morning. This was revealed about 30, 45 minutes ago. And what we’re told is that Eddie Johnson, police superintendent, is furious he was not given a heads-up that this was going to happen.

It appears, folks, the best that I have been able to determine — and I have been immersed in this ever since it happened — it appears that this has nothing to do with being a defect in the evidence. It has nothing to do with the fact that what he was accused of being, or doing, didn’t happen or that they can’t prove it.

It, rather, appears to be, as my friend Andy McCarthy referred it moments ago on Fox, as an act of mercy on the part of the district attorney, deciding he’d been through enough. That he had paid $10,000, he’s already performed significant amounts of wonderful work for the community of Chicago, and so they are just deciding to drop charges.

Smollett’s team is now at the microphone. We’re gonna JIP this when he speaks because it will be interesting to see how he plays this, if he is contrite and apologizes for all of the grief — ’cause, remember, he mailed phony letters to himself. And that is a federal crime. And I don’t know what the Feds were gonna do in this case, if they were even involved in it. But the state charges have been totally dropped, and they will never appear on his record.

But not because they couldn’t prove it and not because he didn’t do it, but rather, apparently, because he’s already paid a significant price, $10,000 and community service. So it was obviously some kind of a massive negotiation between Smollett’s lawyers and the state attorney, district attorney in Chicago, Cook County state attorney. Kim Foxx is the name.

I was confused about this because she recused herself from this case at some point. Now she’s back in it. I don’t know how that happened. But still a lot to figure out about this. But, folks, this is the kind of thing that actually encourages people to believe that there’s a two-tier justice system and that people who have status or money or access somehow have a better shot in front of the justice system than other people.

And this follows one day after this fiasco of the Mueller investigation was exposed for what it is and about which there is going to be much more today. Because this by no means should in any way, shape, manner, or form considered to be over. A lot of people are calling for this now, and I am flattered ’cause I addressed this yesterday. Look at the counterintelligence apparatus of this country that was utilized. And from the Obama administration every one of these people has ties back to the Obama administration. Every damned one of them except for Mueller, and even he could be said to have some ties.

But all the FBI leadership and even Brennan and Clapper, all these people are from the Obama administration and from the Obama counterintelligence apparatus or series of agencies. And every one of these people deserves to be examined and investigated to find out who started this, whose idea it was, when it actually was given life, and, of course, how much did Obama know, and when did he know it?

And I am not trying to use a cliche, and I’m not trying to be provocative. This literally needs to happen. This was a coup. It was an ongoing coup. It had multiple purposes. Its primary purpose was to reverse the election results of 2016 however they could do it, forcing Trump to resign, impeachment, you name it. The second purpose of this investigation was to cover up what these people had done.

Okay. Okay. Okay. Let’s join Smollett because he’s speaking!

SMOLLETT: — the incredible people of Chicago —

RUSH: Right.

SMOLLETT: — and all over the country and the world who have prayed for me, who have supported me, who’ve shown me so much love.

RUSH: Oh, here we go. The egomaniacal —

SMOLLETT: No one will ever know how much that has meant to me, and I will forever be grateful. I want you to know that not for a moment was it in vain. I’ve been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I have been accused of.

RUSH: Uh-huh. Okay.

SMOLLETT: This has been an incredibly difficult time, honestly one of the worst of my entire life.

RUSH: How pitiful.

SMOLLETT: But I’m a man of faith and I’m a man that has knowledge of my history and I would not bring my family, our lives, or the movement through a fire like this.

RUSH: Except you did.

SMOLLETT: So I want to thank my legal counsel from the bottom of my heart and I would also like to thank the state of Illinois for attempting to do what’s right.

RUSH: Ho! Okay, well —

SMOLLETT: Now I’d like nothing more than to just get back to work and move on with my life. But make no mistake, I will always continue to fight for the justice, equality, and betterment of marginalized people everywhere. So, again, thank you for all the support, thank you for faith, and thank you to God. Bless y’all. Thank you very much.

RUSH:  Okay.  There you go.  Get rid of that.  So we didn’t get what some people thought Smollett should do, that he should have apologized. Maybe not, because he doesn’t want to admit that the whole thing was made up. But apologize for the hassle, apologize for what happened, what he put the community through because of this.  There wasn’t any of that.  He continued to portray himself as a victim here.  So now the question’s gonna be:

Why did they actually drop the charges?  The police superintendent is not only just dropping the charges. They’re expunging the record.  There will be no record of this whatsoever.  Now, there’s a message that’s being sent here with this.  Let us be bold and let us be truthful here.  Any leftist activist, to whatever degree deranged and imbalanced — egged on by people like Maxine Waters — can now fake hate crimes against Trump supporters.  They can then claim a fake lynching by Trump supporters.  They can then lie to the police.  Then they can lie to the media.

Then they can lie to the American people.  They can cause a media frenzy against Trump supporters.  They can plead not guilty and apparently walk away scot-free!  Can you say “leftist privilege in the Cook County legal system”?  This kid faked a hate crime against Trump supporters because he didn’t like his cut of $125,000 per episode, and it’s more than that.  The guy is a leftist political activist.  Then he lied to the police.  So what happened?  What and which officials in Chicago played a role in wiping this off the books?  How did this happen?

Jussie Smollett says he’s going to “fight for equality.”  Isn’t it now clear that some people are more equal than others?  So here he is continuing to portray himself as a victim.  You see, folks, this stuff doesn’t end.  You think that you win something real big like the Mueller report coming out, and then in only a few short hours or days later that you are — and we are — reminded that there aren’t any lasting victories, that it is an ongoing battle.

Smollett has, up until now, continued to claim that he didn’t lie, that everything he said happened.  Why should he get mercy?  Well, according to what we’ve been able to learn, he’s getting mercy because the Cook County state attorney thought that he wouldn’t get any more than community service as a first-time offender.  They’re gonna keep the $10,000 he paid, whatever that was for, bail or what have you.  I wonder if — and I’m just speculating here with my mind freely flowing as an American.

I’m wondering if anybody Chicago, once this trial began, if anybody feared civil unrest?  I wonder if they were concerned that they might lose control of the city when the trial began. Who knows? We don’t know who-all was involved in the actual decision of dropping the charges, but there it is.  The key for me in this is the Chicago police superintendent, Eddie Johnson, who went on national TV to detail the evidence, to detail the commission of the crime, to express his personal disgust over this episode and why it was committed and by whom and for what reasons.

He was not consulted.  He found out about this just like you and I, via the media. He probably got a flash phone call.  “Hey, Superintendent. They’re dropping charges against the Empire guy.”  “What?”  He had no idea.  Smollett did not apologize for anything he has put people through.  He continues to portray himself as a victim here.  So I wonder how much more we’re gonna learn as this unfolds?  We’ll find out just how persistent the media is or whether or not they feel like celebrating this.

(interruption)

What are you saying to me in there?

(interruption)

Hmm.  “What communities would it…?”

(interruption)

Oh, “If the trial had been allowed to proceed, what two communities would have been hurt?”  Well, what two are you thinking of.  African-American, right?  But Democrats as well?  Is that the second thing you’re thinking?

(interruption)

Yeah.  Yeah.  It’d be tough.  A trial where somebody actually convicted of falsely accusing people of being Trump supporters of doing…?

(interruption)

Yeah.  That’s why I say.  The idea of public unrest, riots, whatever you want to call ’em, might be factor, but we’re just speculating here.  The fact of the matter remains that it does appear that there is a two-tier justice system here, and that the reason the charges were dropped have nothing to do with the fact that they’re not true.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let’s go back to Chicago and Jussie Smollett.

Smollett insists that he told the truth, even though there is video all over the internet of the two Nigerian guys buying the mugging supplies with a $3,200 check for mugging supplies that Smollett wrote. The rope, the bleach, and the red hat. There is store surveillance video of this.

The superintendent of police in Chicago went out and faced the nation on national television detailing the charges, expressing his disgust with Smollett and not understanding why somebody in such a successful position would dare do something like this, not only to his own people, but to the city of Chicago.

So Smollett comes out today and says I’m not lying. I stand by everything I said. Well, let’s see. If Smollett insists that he told the truth, then what does that mean? Well, that means the Chicago police are lying. That means that the superintendent Eddie Johnson is lying. But it doesn’t just mean that. It means that the Chicago police must be corrupt as hell and that the state attorney for Cook County, Kim Foxx, decided she had to clean it up by dropping all the charges because for some reason the Chicago police are corrupt.

So I guess Kim Foxx and others at the state attorney’s office in Cook County would rather have it look like the police tried to frame Jussie Smollett rather than put Jussie Smollett on trial. I mean, that’s the inescapable conclusion of this. The state attorney, state attorney’s office, Cook County, has decided it’s better for the cops to look corrupt, for the police superintendent to appear to be a liar making it all up and that it look like the cops framed this poor guy rather than put Smollett on trial.

You know how great this is given how many minorities already believe the police are out to get them like Colin Kaepernick and all the others? Thanks to the Black Lives Matter movement, now the Black Lives Matter movement has been basically stuck up for here. It’s been validated. The Chicago police are corrupt, they are liars, they had it in for this guy is how this must appear.

Now, reverse the situation. Imagine if a white Trump supporter had staged a hate crime on himself by a couple of black guys, and imagine that there was video surveillance of the black guys buying the stuff necessary to beat up the white Trump supporter. And then to discover that it was a hoax and he was unrepentant. Would the Chicago, Cook County state attorney have given this mythical character any mercy?

So this police superintendent has to be livid over the choice made by the DA or the state’s attorney’s office in Cook County. They’d rather it appear the cops are corrupt. Look, they’re not telling us why. They’re not telling us why the charges are dropped so people are having to speculate here. But it doesn’t appear that the charges were dropped because they can’t prove them. It appears to be an act of mercy by Kim Foxx, who had recused herself because she knows some people involved. She knows somebody who knows Smollett. Now she’s somehow back involved.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/03/26/leftist-privilege-saves-jussie-smollett/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34