Author Topic: Sandy Hook victim's father apparently took his own life  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Sandy Hook victim's father apparently took his own life
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »
This tragic family was suing Jones for his outrageous claims about the killings.
There is no low too low for these creatures.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 07:08:55 pm »
Be concerned. Be willing to listen. Take action.

In California an individual can be confined for 72 hours, if deemed to pose a risk to themselves and others.

You can drive a person to an emergency room at a major hospital. Or call 911.

Sometimes to, it just takes knowing there is someone who cares enough to check on their situation to make a difference.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 08:25:04 pm »
Most folks lose a kid, they eventually heal and move on. Nothing will ever 'be the same', there will always be 'what ifs' and 'what would he/she be like today'. That void eventually fills somewhat with memories, but the hurt never completely goes away. There's a scar.

These folks started a Foundation https://aviellefoundation.org/about-the-foundation/

The man was a neuropharmacologist, who spoke on reaching the troubled types out there. .

I doubt he put anything aside or let himself heal, and with all that going on was daily reminded of his loss.

Keep picking at the scabs, and there will only be an open wound.

It's sad he felt that quitting was the answer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 03:21:47 am »
Be concerned. Be willing to listen. Take action.

In California an individual can be confined for 72 hours, if deemed to pose a risk to themselves and others.

You can drive a person to an emergency room at a major hospital. Or call 911.

I remember that in California -- is it a law?   We do not have that 72-hour hold in AZ.  It can be a double-edged sword in some cases.

I feel so very sorry when someone takes their own life.  Such a waste. But then I get angry.  That man is leaving behind a grieving wife who also lost a child.  Perhaps I don't know the whole story.

I just dislike suicides. My feeling is it is a very selfish act.  There would be so many people who would think exactly what you said, Truth Seeker, or "Why did I not see this coming?"
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 04:22:24 am »
I remember that in California -- is it a law?   We do not have that 72-hour hold in AZ.  It can be a double-edged sword in some cases.

I feel so very sorry when someone takes their own life.  Such a waste. But then I get angry.  That man is leaving behind a grieving wife who also lost a child.  Perhaps I don't know the whole story.

I just dislike suicides. My feeling is it is a very selfish act.  There would be so many people who would think exactly what you said, Truth Seeker, or "Why did I not see this coming?"
Well, I wonder, too. This guy was a psychopharmacologist. Was he taking antidepressants? Did he quit them? Suicidal (and homicidal) ideation is not unknown with such medications, either as a side effect, or an effect of quitting them.

It would be ironic if that was a common thread between the shooter and these suicides.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 04:46:57 am »
Heartbreaking, I don't know what one can say...

@TomSea

I do. He is a moral coward that laid a load on his poor wife,who now has this burden to bear as well.

He may have been a male,but he was never a man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 11:53:13 am »
The university psychiatrist working with the person who shot and killed so many in the Aurora Theater in Colorado was offered a 72 hr. involuntary commitment for him.  She refused.   Praying she doesn't still have her MD license.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 01:24:00 pm »
First of all, certain pharmacological drugs carry “black box” warningson them saying that side effects can be suicidal ideation. If feeling this contact a doctor immediately.

Secondly, Plato once said “the unexamined life is not worth living”. At my lowest points in my life, on several occasions I’ve thought about ending my life. First time was a teenager. I just white knuckled it and got down on my knees praying for something, someone to help me get through this moment. Somehow I always knew if I could just get past that moment, it would fade. Sometimes it happened in hours , sometimes days on one occasion several months.

I volunteered at a suicide prevention hotline. That also helped me. It also grounded me because one persons pain might not be another persons.

Right now I’m going though a bad patch which will in time get far worse. My family won’t support me on it so I just know no matter how blue I will get, and any thoughts like this I just have to pray and hope they will pass, even though I know I’ll be very broken inside. But broken can be fixed and time will dull the pain eventually.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2019, 01:32:56 pm »
@Freya, at first I was just shocked at a few of the comments here, but now I'm getting pissed.  People who didn't know this man, and didn't know anybody who did know this man, are passing harsh judgement on a man who lost his child in a senseless, evil school murder.  They don't know what was going on in his life, have no idea how this would feel had it happened to them, and they're willing to be keyboard warriors and come in here to TBR and tell us what a bleep this guy was? 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:18 pm »
@Freya, at first I was just shocked at a few of the comments here, but now I'm getting pissed.  People who didn't know this man, and didn't know anybody who did know this man, are passing harsh judgement on a man who lost his child in a senseless, evil school murder.  They don't know what was going on in his life, have no idea how this would feel had it happened to them, and they're willing to be keyboard warriors and come in here to TBR and tell us what a bleep this guy was?

Dear @Sanguine

I think that’s what I was trying to say but I got long winded. Can’t judge someone unless you’ve been in their shoes. Loosing a child is supposed to be one if not the hardest thing that will ever happen to a parent. So I can’t judge him, I just know what it’s like to contemplate this act. And I’m grateful that I never acted on it but I do know what it’s like to feel it.

It’s a sucky feeling, and I don’t wish it on anyone. (((Sanguine)))
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2019, 02:34:36 pm »

@Sanguine

I know what he was. He was a coward and a shithead that dumped this load on the head of his wife in addition to the load she was already carrying due to the death of her child. I have ZERO sympathy for him and a ton of sympathy for the suffering he left his wife to go through on her own.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2019, 02:43:01 pm »
@Sanguine

I know what he was. He was a coward and a shithead that dumped this load on the head of his wife in addition to the load she was already carrying due to the death of her child. I have ZERO sympathy for him and a ton of sympathy for the suffering he left his wife to go through on her own.

No, Pete, you don't know that. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:23 pm »
Dear @Sanguine

I think that’s what I was trying to say but I got long winded. Can’t judge someone unless you’ve been in their shoes. Loosing a child is supposed to be one if not the hardest thing that will ever happen to a parent. So I can’t judge him, I just know what it’s like to contemplate this act. And I’m grateful that I never acted on it but I do know what it’s like to feel it.

It’s a sucky feeling, and I don’t wish it on anyone. (((Sanguine)))
This whole board is turning into a cesspool of loony conspiracy theories and trash-talk all the time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2019, 02:53:19 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34