Author Topic: Democrats give DOJ one-week ultimatum to hand over Mueller's report and underlying documentsDemocrat  (Read 1141 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats give DOJ one-week ultimatum to hand over Mueller's report and underlying documents
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | March 25, 2019 07:46 PM

Democrats leading six House committees demanded the Justice Department release special counsel Robert Mueller’s full report to Congress by April 2, citing outstanding questions they claim were not answered in Attorney General Bill Barr’s summary of the Russia investigation provided to lawmakers Sunday.

“Your four-page summary of the Special Counsel’s review is not sufficient for Congress, as a coequal branch of government, to perform [its] critical work,” the lawmakers, including House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff of California, wrote in a letter to Barr. “The release of the full report and the underlying evidence and documents is urgently needed by our committees to perform their duties under the Constitution.”

Barr’s summary came in the form of a four-page letter which stated the investigation “did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election."

Mueller did not determine whether Trump obstructed justice, which prompted Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to decide that the evidence “is not sufficient to establish that the president committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."

The lawmakers argued they “must be permitted to make an independent assessment of the evidence regarding obstruction of justice.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-give-doj-one-week-ultimatum-to-hand-over-muellers-report-and-underlying-documents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Or what?

Pound sand up their vagina's would be about right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline kevindavis007

Let them act like crybabies..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
:silly:   :silly:

My comment was slightly misogynist. Very Sexist.  Would trigger a SJW.  But I don't care who you are ...it was funny!   Thank you!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My comment was slightly misogynist. Very Sexist.  Would trigger a SJW.  But I don't care who you are ...it was funny!   Thank you!

I liked it....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Although the lawmakers said they had no reason to doubt Mueller’s judgment, they said it is critical for Congress to examine all of the “facts and evidence” collected by Mueller for national security purposes and requested the Justice Department share the report no later than April 2.

Send it on April 1st.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Funny and quite metaphorically accurate.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So while I'm generally for turning over certain info to Congress for oversight and transparency purposes. the idea that they are privy to every last aspect of this investigation is ludicrous.

They are not, regardless whether it's Trump, Obama, or Joe Schmo the rag man.

The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

I liked it....

Until I get a like from like from @edpc  it was a fail.  sniff sniff

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Please tell them, very publicly, that you can't release the entire report because it contains evidence in use in an ongoing investigation.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
ABC

House committee chairs demand full Mueller report by April 2 deadline
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/democratic-chairmen-call-barr-submit-mueller-report-congress-april-2-n987241?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

And yet, House Committees had to wait literally years for Obama's State Department to produce documents...and they often flatly refused.

Offline skeeter

Or what?

... or they'll continue to mewl about 'coverups'. They will never accept reality because they know their support base doesn't live there.

Thats the really scary thing about all this ridiculousness - how utterly stupid the left is.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:35:43 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
... or they'll continue to mewl about 'coverups'. They will never accept reality because they know their support base doesn't live there.

Thats the really scary thing about all this ridiculousness - how utterly stupid the left is.

Stupidity?   Mendacity is more like it. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We're all born ignorant.  It takes real effort to stay that way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slide Rule

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Or what?
Or they will continue to demand documents and it will lead the news, with the implication of cover-up, until it happens.
I wish the rats wouldn't allow a full week.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Or they will continue to demand documents and it will lead the news, with the implication of cover-up, until it happens.
I wish the rats wouldn't allow a full week.

Having the press in one's pocket sure does help, doesn't it?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, but according to another post this morning, no one is watching CNN/MSNBC, so it may be a limited reaction.

It has always been a rat advantage since I was born until 2016.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It has always been a rat advantage since I was born until 2016.

You don't see a Rat advantage today???  The press went Republican?  They have a strange way of showing it.
I will NOT comply.

You don't see a Rat advantage today???  The press went Republican?  They have a strange way of showing it.
Republican's have there own media today and President Trump has twitter.  That's not to say it all switched in 2016 but I'm no longer certain the MSM has an advantage over the alt-right media...or whatever you would call the media that is posted here daily.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Republican's have there own media today and President Trump has twitter.  That's not to say it all switched in 2016 but I'm no longer certain the MSM has an advantage over the alt-right media...or whatever you would call the media that is posted here daily.

Developments worth cheering...
I will NOT comply.