Author Topic: A Boeing 737 Max 8 declared an emergency landing after an engine problem  (Read 884 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
(CNN) — A Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft declared an emergency landing Tuesday in Florida after experiencing a reported engine problem, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

No passengers were aboard Southwest Airlines Flight 8701, which was being ferried from Orlando International Airport to Victorville, California, for short-term storage, the airline said.

Just before 3 p.m., the two pilots aboard the flight reported "a performance issue with one of the engines shortly after takeoff," the airline said.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/26/us/boeing-737-max-emergency-landing/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Safe landing ..All is good.  Don't pile on EDPC.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

I thought they were grounded - not so?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

I can only surmise that "grounded" means not allowing them to be used to carry passengers.  Apparently it is OK to move them from one airport to another?   :shrug:

Online mountaineer

I guess so,  Ed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Southwest is using the CA airport for storage, while this aircraft is out of service.

VICTORVILLE (CBSLA) — Southwest Airlines, the world’s largest operator of the Boeing 737 MAX, is now sending their fleet to storage at the Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville.

They’ll be parked there until they get the green light to go back into service. The planes were grounded after two deadly crashes in six months.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/03/25/southwest-737-max-8-storage-victorville/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline NavyCanDo

As far as carrying passengers, yes. Southwest was moving this to it's California central facility, with only the flight crew.   Engine issue totally unrealated.

Boeing is also flying the MAX out of Renton to other sites like Boeing Field or Moses Lake where they are painted and parked until ready to hand over the keys. And that should be sooner than you think, with software upgrades ready for installation. Airlines are meeting with Boeing tomorrow to discuss the next steps.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn