Author Topic: Romney helps GOP look for new path on climate change  (Read 1973 times)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Romney helps GOP look for new path on climate change
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 01:04:59 am »
I suspect Romney intends to run against Trump in 2020.  He is every bit that arrogant.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 02:17:18 pm »
I suspect Romney intends to run against Trump in 2020.  He is every bit that arrogant.
You may well be right (about running). I think Mittens believes he can get the non Communist Left vote (small as it is any more) and with all the ridiculous hoo haw about anyone not gushing with 24/7 praise about Trump being some sort of "Moderate" or Liberal going on, maybe he thinks he can scratch enough together.

Mitt has already been rejected by the electorate, and counting on getting votes the Dems might lose to their own assortment of idiots on parade, and a flawed bit of nonsense about the people to the Right of Trump isn't much of a strategy.  Still, he's a NWO sort of guy, and, lest we forget was the Governor who signed the first version of Obamacare and signed off on Gay Marriage in Mass. He's useful to the Globalists.
I'd vote for my dog, first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »
If by some miracle Romney actually was the 2020 GOP nominee, I'd vote for the Democrat out of spite.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 02:54:18 pm »
If by some miracle Romney actually was the 2020 GOP nominee, I'd vote for the Democrat out of spite.
I wouldn't go that far, but I'd vote for a third party candidate representing a party platform I could agree with, or I'd not vote at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 02:56:40 pm »

I would write in my dog's name first!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 05:07:56 pm »
Romney is thinking he will get the climate people that might not be in love with the Dems right now.  Let's fce it, they have turned their backs on AMericans in favor of illegal aliens.  If Mittens takes a position of standing up for American citizens and doing what Trump failed to do, he could garner large swaths of votes away from both sides.

It could end up being Trump vs Clinton vs Mittens, and he might just attempt to see his way through like Lincoln.  But for Lincoln, the split was on the Dems side, that is the only reason Lincoln was elected.  And if Schultz runs as an independent, that would open the race wide for a 4th candidate who is on the conservative side of the aisle.

I think 2020 will be full of surprises.

Imagine, it could be Trump vs Clinton vs Schultz vs Romney.  Under that circumstance, any one of them could win.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 03:21:22 am »
I wouldn't go that far, but I'd vote for a third party candidate representing a party platform I could agree with, or I'd not vote at all.

I will be doing that anyway.
 :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 04:59:50 am »
Sure would be nice if we could box him up and send his ass back to Mexico.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 11:37:29 am »
Sure would be nice if we could box him up and send his ass back to Mexico.

Hahahahaha.

Just drop kick him, like they do playing that unmanly game called Soccor.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com