Author Topic: Germany: Millionaire's Son Crashes $340,000 Supercar at 186 MPH, Killing Female Passenger  (Read 562 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Millionaire's Son Crashes $340,000 Supercar at 186 MPH, Killing Female Passenger
By Jack Phillips

The son of a German millionaire crashed a $340,000 car going at 186 mph, killing a passenger.

The driver of the bright green McLaren 650S supercar crashed on the A52 road near Essen, killing an 18-year-old female passenger who was the man’s friend, reported Yahoo News on March 26.

The woman died after she was thrown from the vehicle into the trees.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/millionaires-son-crashes-300000-supercar-at-186-mph-killing-female-passenger_2856018.html

I don't know Germany's laws but even reading here, they don't seem to give out last names.  This story originally comes from the Sun, so even if it is not of great international importance, it is a bit interesting. I could not live with myself readily, if I killed someone due to my own irresponsibility.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fast car culture is not unique to Germany. The Autobahns are designed for higher speeds than US highways, generally.

I have driven there. It might un-nerve many Americans.

This driver could have been unskilled, took dangerous chances, lost control etc.

In 1970 I had a new car able to reach about 110 mph. Usually drove about 100 mph.

One day heading north towards Frankfort airport, a large BMW closed on me fast from the rear, flashing headliights to warn "move ritht," which I of course did.

As he went by me going about 120 mph, there was a 911 Porsche on his rear, flashing headlights warning him to move right, which he did, as the Porsche flew by doing bout 130 mph.

That took about 5 sec. or less.

When in Bavaria, do as the Bavarians do: Schnell Fahren.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fast car culture is not unique to Germany. The Autobahns are designed for higher speeds than US highways, generally.

I have driven there. It might un-nerve many Americans.

This driver could have been unskilled, took dangerous chances, lost control etc.

In 1970 I had a new car able to reach about 110 mph. Usually drove about 100 mph.

One day heading north towards Frankfort airport, a large BMW closed on me fast from the rear, flashing headliights to warn "move ritht," which I of course did.

As he went by me going about 120 mph, there was a 911 Porsche on his rear, flashing headlights warning him to move right, which he did, as the Porsche flew by doing bout 130 mph.

That took about 5 sec. or less.

When in Bavaria, do as the Bavarians do: Schnell Fahren.

Ich habe schnell fahren gern.