Author Topic: Mexicans Are Stealing Border Wall Materials, Using Them For Home Security  (Read 535 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Whatever adjectives you might use to describe a border wall ― “big” or perhaps even “beautiful” ― “readily stolen” is not likely one of them.
Unnamed Mexican officials told San Diego’s KUSI-TV that 15 to 20 people have been arrested for stealing concertina wire from the U.S.-Mexico border and selling it to security-minded homeowners in Tijuana.
U.S. troops installed the fencing in November 2018 at the urging of President Donald Trump, who was concerned about a “caravan” of migrants.
“We have detected that the barbed wire that was installed in the border area is no longer there,” Marco Antonio Sotomayor Amezcua, the secretary of public safety in Tijuana, confirmed to the San Diego Union-Tribune. “We know about the stealing of the concertina [wire] from United States authorities who have asked us for help through the liaison staff.”.....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mexicans-stealing-border-wall-materials-212135126.html?ncid=facebook_yfsocialfa_wje3x23a50w&utm_content=buffer578ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=yahoofinance&fbclid=IwAR1L2TeQmMtFuy-5-e9-2hoOcs0SCmQS5HdzhfQxEdNW3n5HIrgLz5uBOAY

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why concrete is better--no scrap or resale value....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Don't want to sound racist, but have you ever seen Mexicans at a garage sale?  They'll buy (use) things that you thought were dumpster bound.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Don't want to sound racist, but have you ever seen Mexicans at a garage sale?  They'll buy (use) things that you thought were dumpster bound.
Yeah. Folks who have done with little can take a little and do a lot with it. I respect that, actually.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yeah. Folks who have done with little can take a little and do a lot with it. I respect that, actually.

Ditto...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Build this and let 'em try to steal it:

Offline Smokin Joe

Build this and let 'em try to steal it:

Yep. Concrete doesn't have any scrap or resale value to speak of.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Yep. Concrete doesn't have any scrap or resale value to speak of.

We routinely buy/sell crushed concrete around here.  Makes a good road base material.

https://www.scctx.com/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

Why concrete is better--no scrap or resale value....

888high58888   There you go.  Excellent point.  Freakin' thieves!!   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

We routinely buy/sell crushed concrete around here.  Makes a good road base material.

https://www.scctx.com/
Yep, but you aren't the peon packing it off for a peso. Having rock crushers and rebar recovery magnets and large trucks to haul it make it a much more viable commodity, plus, if the operation is set up right, they get paid to get it, and get paid for the crushed concrete and the salvaged scrap rebar, so they're making money on both ends of the operation.

Now little Jose and Pedro with a couple of sledgehammers and a pickup (maybe) aren't going to have that going for them.

OTOH, concertina wire can be 'harvested' with minimal tools....and pound for pound likely has a much better resale value.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 02:04:13 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis