Author Topic: We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar
« on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:36 pm »
March 17, 2019
We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

Rep. Ilhan Omar from Minnesota poses an interesting case study in American cultural or civilizational consciousness.  She is the first congressional representative to wear a scarf around her head, and that scarf is for some a symbol of the breadth and depth of our acceptance of others.  For others, it is a symbol of alienation and rejection of the America she claims — simply by holding office — to represent.  To those who see her this way, the hijab or head covering is seen as a hostile schmata (rag) whereby she is not merely carrying on one of her subculture's customs, but, in essence, giving the finger to the country she now would participate in governing.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/03/we_cannot_bury_our_heads_in_the_sand_about_ilhan_omar.html#ixzz5ivFIYmGa

rangerrebew

Re: We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 05:24:03 pm »
We can be just like Germany in the 1930s when it comes to the destruction of a nation and slaughter of Jews if we keep our heads in the sand. ***suicide***

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 05:39:50 pm »
Sand?  That's Racist.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 05:48:22 pm »
Omar's also pioneering incest as an alternative congressional lifestyle.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 05:35:26 am »
She is the first congressional representative to wear a scarf around her head, and that scarf is for some a symbol of the breadth and depth of our acceptance of others.  For others, it is a symbol of alienation and rejection of the America she claims — simply by holding office — to represent.  To those who see her this way, the hijab or head covering is seen as a hostile schmata (rag) whereby she is not merely carrying on one of her subculture's customs, but, in essence, giving the finger to the country she now would participate in governing.
I think I can bury my head in the sand about Omar, because the House of Rep is filled with fringe freaks on both sides.  They don't really matter.
I think the MAGA caps are perceived as giving a finger to America by many Americans too. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 06:11:28 am »
I think I can bury my head in the sand about Omar, because the House of Rep is filled with fringe freaks on both sides.  They don't really matter.
I think the MAGA caps are perceived as giving a finger to America by many Americans too.

Uh huh

My Venezuelan SIL always said she is an American. Everyone who lives in the Americas is an American. A MAGA hat is a standard. It is a standard more people are less inclined to up hold.

Stop the gravy train. MAGA

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 07:03:48 am »
Uh huh

My Venezuelan SIL always said she is an American. Everyone who lives in the Americas is an American. A MAGA hat is a standard. It is a standard more people are less inclined to up hold.

I think naturalized citizens are citizens.  What is the standard you refer too please?

Stop the gravy train. MAGA
Seriously?  Have you seen our budgets?  None of the Washington Establishment (Trump included) is reducing the gravy train.
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/13/694199256/u-s-national-debt-hits-22-trillion-a-new-record-thats-predicted-to-fall
https://www.irinsider.org/north-america-1/2019/3/17/trump-administration-proposes-475-trillion-dollar-budget

A record-breaking gravy train.  A luxurious gravy train.  The best gravy train he could offer during a time of peace and economic sucess.