State Chapters > Texas

San Antonio bars Chick-fil-A from airport, cites 'legacy of anti-LGBT behavior'

<< < (2/4) > >>

RetBobbyMI:
Approved by the City Council behind closed doors, so to speak, with no hearings, by a 6-4 vote.  Five hispanics and the liberal mayor voted for and the 4 nays were anglo.

Despicable!

GrouchoTex:
I'm old enough to remember when San Antonio would have banned LGBT behavior.
Times change.

Jazzhead:

--- Quote from: 240B on March 22, 2019, 05:28:07 pm ---I really hope that Chick-fil-A sues the crap out of the airport for blatant and unmitigated discrimination.
They should sue not just for themselves, but for the sake of the whole country. This is the Left openly declaring that only THEY can decide what is right and what is wrong. Only THEY decide what you are allowed say or think and which opinions you are 'allowed' to have.

This needs to be shut down hard, for the sake of everyone. And Chick-fil-A has the deep pockets to be able to do it.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to see such a lawsuit.    This is the action of government, and, while it would take some creative lawyering,  reflects discrimination on the basis of the religious faith of the business owners.  Put it this way - could a city be sued for refusing to grant a valuable concession to a business solely because the owner was Muslim,   where there was no evidence of actual discrimination against customers or employees in the conduct of the business?   

catfish1957:
I hope soembody prepares bunches of signs and strategically places them at airport and high traffic locations with the following:

There would be a Chick-Fil-A at this location, but the following SA city council-persons thought it was in your best interest not to have one..

Their names are...

xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx

Remember these folks at the next election

240B:

--- Quote from: Jazzhead on March 22, 2019, 06:42:32 pm ---I'd love to see such a lawsuit.    This is the action of government, and, while it would take some creative lawyering,  reflects discrimination on the basis of the religious faith of the business owners.  Put it this way - could a city be sued for refusing to grant a valuable concession to a business solely because the owner was Muslim,   where there was no evidence of actual discrimination against customers or employees in the conduct of the business?   

--- End quote ---
The glaring irony of your postulation is that Muslims DO discriminate openly against LBGT, among others such as Jews and Christians. More than that, in their home countries Muslims torture and kill homosexuals. And yet Christians are the bad guys?

Part of the lawsuit would be to find any Muslim owned business in the airport. That would certainly highlight specific and directed discrimination not based on LGBT, but solely because the owners of CFA are Christians. If there is a Muslim owned store there, that directly nullifies the council's stated reason for denial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version